Is this normal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic260

The Elementor
I was playing on Gogeta's server in CTF and everything in Srb2 was Christmas styled. I kept checking the wad files to see if a wad was added but there were no wads added. Even Sonic into Dreams changed into Christmas NiGHTS styled. I didn't find anything about this in the Wiki except for Srb2JTE, But I was playing Regular Srb2.

Your calendar must be set to sometime near Christmas, that's what I'm thinking.

If you add 3drend.dll (you should have it because it comes with srb2 when you download it) it will make it chrismas style!

The host adding 3drend.dll, using -xmas at the command line, and playing the game around Christmas all result in the effect described. Gameplay doesn't really change so it doesn't matter much, but some people like it all icy I guess.

You can do that, but the -xmas parameter adds it while keeping your game unmodified, so it's convenient for joining netgames that aren't in xmas mode.

Um...lol?
srb20000.png

I didn't expect this to actually work on different mods O_O

What 3drend.dll does is modify textures and flats (and a few scenery graphics) to appear "snowy", and also changes the header info so that it snows in most SRB2 zones. As long as a mod uses that stuff (but doesn't replace them), then they'll all appear wintry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back