Sprinkled with 2.2!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Featuring:
  • New sprites!
  • Paper sprites!
  • CTF support!
  • Models by Jeck!

Since all the vanilla monitors, and the custom ones I add in the future, use separate sprites, all you need to do is add the file, and all the monitors will change to the Modern counterparts. Which also makes Jeck's models super easy to use! No need to rename models and textures, just turn on OpenGL and add the file.

- Monitors get very excited while upside down. Not sure how to fix this.
- Monitors in tight spaces will behave strangely due to resizing their heights to fit their sprites.
- Now that mod support has been added, adding ModernMonitors alone will have Warnings due to the mod's states not being there. This does not affect gameplay. (Also not quite sure how to fix this)

v3.2.2:
- Skip no longer pulls Lua errors out of his backpack. (Added C proper frames)
attachment.php

attachment.php

v3.2:
- Reorganized sprites and SOC
- Added ShieldsPlus support!
attachment.php

v3.1:
- Added Yoshi support!
attachment.php

CREDITS (also listed in the PK3)
-CG7244- - Monitors from sc_2006, Updated Monitor sprites
TechnoGod - MonitorsPlus monitor icons (For 2.1, not included in this release.)
K.S. - Original LUA_ITEM script
Sapheros - Monitor table in LUA_POOF, modified TouchPop
Monster Psychic Cat - Lua assistance
Golden - Fake Monitor stuff
LJ Sonic - Gold monitor table
Jeck Jims - General assistance, models

Attachments

• srb20122.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 76,085
  • srb20125.gif
    636.6 KB · Views: 606
  • srb20126.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 643
  • ZApIgeU.gif
    ZApIgeU.gif
    697.8 KB · Views: 75,606
  • S4NJXp1.gif
    S4NJXp1.gif
    1.6 MB · Views: 76,777
  • QnnnVns.gif
    QnnnVns.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 28,574
  • P3UGFhe.gif
    P3UGFhe.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 28,721
  • VL_ModernMonitors-v3.2.2.pk3
    174.6 KB · Views: 12,211
  • srb20191.gif
    srb20191.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 26,029
  • srb20192.gif
    srb20192.gif
    4.7 MB · Views: 26,570
Last edited:
Good mod, fun and cute stuff to have around, great to see it around with 2.2.2 (released on 2/22/20).

Though, aren't they called Capsules in those games?

I got curious about this myself and looked it up an a manual for SADX, here's what they say

tPbqoUk.png

Added Yoshi support. Since Yoshi gets an egg when he breaks a ring monitor, I thought it would be a nice idea to make the monitor reflect that.

If you could credit me by my current nickname instead of my old one that I've been trying to move past, it'd be much appreciated.

(I chose to post this publicly so the Judges could see it as well and keep it in mind for the future.)

If you could credit me by my current nickname instead of my old one that I've been trying to move past, it'd be much appreciated.

Sure thing, sorry about that. I've made a quick update that changes your credit. As for more monitors, I plan to continue to add them as I get time to.

I have a quick question when I added the file in addons and opened it ingame it says that it had warnings is there something to be worried about that?

I have a quick question when I added the file in addons and opened it ingame it says that it had warnings is there something to be worried about that?
Nope! Those errors are the addon checking for assets from other monitor mods, and if those aren't loaded the warnings occur. It's perfectly normal behavior and it's also listed under Known Issues.

Yeah, I'm really unsure of how to get around those warnings. If I find out a way I'll be sure to update the file.

Make those state changes in Lua intead of SOC. In Lua, you can put them inside conditionals that check whether the state exists in the first place.

I know this is a bit nitpicky, but it seems as if not all monitors are supported; any custom monitors like those in my mod is an example of this behaviour...

srb20076.png

Other than that, it's pretty cool! Might pair it with the Sonic '06 port and play offline with it sometime!

Remember this?
attachment.php

Sprinkled with 2.2!
attachment.php
attachment.php

Featuring:
  • New sprites!
  • Paper sprites!
  • CTF support!
  • Models by Jeck!

Since all the vanilla monitors, and the custom ones I add in the future, use separate sprites, all you need to do is add the file, and all the monitors will change to the Modern counterparts. Which also makes Jeck's models super easy to use! No need to rename models and textures, just turn on OpenGL and add the file.

- Monitors get very excited while upside down. Not sure how to fix this.
- Monitors in tight spaces will behave strangely due to resizing their heights to fit their sprites.
- Now that mod support has been added, adding ModernMonitors alone will have Warnings due to the mod's states not being there. This does not affect gameplay. (Also not quite sure how to fix this)

v3.2.2:
- Skip no longer pulls Lua errors out of his backpack. (Added C proper frames)
attachment.php

attachment.php

v3.2:
- Reorganized sprites and SOC
- Added ShieldsPlus support!
attachment.php

v3.1:
- Added Yoshi support!
attachment.php

CREDITS (also listed in the PK3)
-CG7244- - Monitors from sc_2006, Updated Monitor sprites
TechnoGod - MonitorsPlus monitor icons (For 2.1, not included in this release.)
K.S. - Original LUA_ITEM script
Sapheros - Monitor table in LUA_POOF, modified TouchPop
Monster Psychic Cat - Lua assistance
Golden - Fake Monitor stuff
LJ Sonic - Gold monitor table
Jeck Jims - General assistance, models
one question how do i turn them on beacuse i just got a laptop and im still new to version 2.2.9

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back