This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

GXP3000

Alligator in the North
Once every update there exists a port of a character that seems to never die, but now he's back...

attachment.php

...Ugly Knux!

Stats

attachment.php

His stats are the old stats that he had back in the day where he can jump as high as Sonic, but his speed is slower than most characters. Going through that ERZ1 Sonic path won't be so easy without speed shoes!

Gliding

attachment.php

His gliding is quite different when comparing it to regular Knuckles' glide as it seems to not gather momentum at all, but the positive to that is he's able to control it very well. He can also multiglide with also being not able to go into crouch or sliding frames with versions prior to 2.2.X and 2.1.X lacking those.

Climbing

attachment.php

As you can tell, his climb is slower than usual climbing characters, but that was due to the fact that it's how it was when he was prior to 2.2.X with it being buffed in this version.

Sounds

Of course he couldn't be brought back without his old sounds. They're neutered just a little so your ears don't have to bleed whenever you jump.

Special Thanks to...

JackelZXA
: For creating UglyKnux in the first place.

SSNTails: Allowing him to exist in SRB2.

Ikkarou Tatsuru & TrickyTex: For importing the 2.0 glide code.

SteelT: For making the old spin charge sound lua.

Snu: For looking over the code to see if everything was good.

Azeon: For making the code that prevents UglyKnux from crouching, sliding, and even being forced to crouch when gliding into a boss.

Wolfy: For allowing me to use the multiglide lua, even though it isn't even used.

Apollyon Woman: For helping with importing sprites.

v1 Changes (12/15/19)
1. Release

v2 Changes (2/26/2020)
1. Jump height changed to resemble his old jump height. (0.85 buffed to 1.0)
2. New lua added to make his spincharge noise resemble the old spincharge noise.
3. Sign sprite made to resemble the original.
4. Ride sprites were changed to the old holding sprites that SSN had drawn due to Ugly not actually having any.
5. Super form enabled when collecting all emeralds.

v3 Changes (2/27/2020)
1. Glide adjusted to resemble the old glide. Camera adjustments not added.
2. Slide/Crouch disabled for the most part.
3. Sounds lowered to ease the ears.
4. Super color glitch fixed to where it made Ugly orange.

v3.1 Changes (3/29/2020)
1. Reverted ride sprites to normal.
2. Ugly's climbing speed has been slowed down.
3. Super form climbing speed is reverted to normal Knuckles's speed instead of attempting to go for a higher speed. (Hardcoding issue)
4. CSS art updated to have a cleaner look.
5. Changed from WAD to PK3.

v3.2 Changes (5/12/2020)
1. Thread redone to look a little better than before.
2. Fixed his super colors again due to 2.2.3 changing it.
3. Nothing else done cause hardcoding prevents anything else for now.

v4 Changes (7/5/2020)
1.Sprites are now Demo 4 sprites, but recolored to where Ugly looks... less ugly. (Special thanks to SuperPhanto)
2.Climbing now resembles the old climbing from previous versions of the game. (Took forever to do, only for someone to do it within 5 minutes thanks to Jimita)
3.Ugly's climbing speed has been adjusted once again.
4.Super climbing speed has been buffed. (Climbing speed is doubled)
5.Commands "UglyControlsOn"/"UglyControlsOff" added to "undo" Ugly's controls to control like Knuckles.
6.HUD added.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20262.png
    srb20262.png
    243.8 KB · Views: 2,914
  • srb20263.png
    srb20263.png
    97.7 KB · Views: 1,232
  • srb20385.gif
    srb20385.gif
    7.3 MB · Views: 28,430
  • srb20379.gif
    srb20379.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 26,265
  • srb20383.gif
    srb20383.gif
    2.5 MB · Views: 27,917
  • srb20260.png
    srb20260.png
    25 KB · Views: 2,159
  • UglyFux2.jpg
    UglyFux2.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 31,919
  • CL_UglyKnux-v4.pk3
    261 KB · Views: 2,889
Last edited by a moderator:
Another important "historic" character, welcome to releases!

...Ugh, that means Brown Pixels Tails is gonna be sent in by someone eventually, huh?

Say, where is the 3D model used for his sprites from anyway, is it from a paricular sonic game or was it made from scratch? Sorry if this is one of those questions that has been answered a million times but I don't know where to look for this info

Until a fix is published, open the zip file with 7-Zip and grab the WAD from there. Windows Explorer seems to be having problems with it for some bizarro reason

Great! He is finally back.
Now, all we need is Zim back and then the old 1.09 chars are all together again.
Oh, and maybe old Tails aswell...

wasn't there an uglyknux thread in releases a day or so ago? what happened to that? this doesn't seem to be the same one

wasn't there an uglyknux thread in releases a day or so ago? what happened to that? this doesn't seem to be the same one

That was by me, it was a straight port of the 2.1 wad that ended up missing a few features because of the new sprites added in 2.2. This one is more "Feature complete" so to speak.

I'm a little confused as to why his jump height is lower despite being the same height as sonic and tails back in the final demo versions. I mean, everything else is on point except that.

Also, I recently played the version of SRB2 when UglyKnux was added, and I noticed that he had these brown spots on him. So I recolored them red, and it actually created better shading! I can send the full set to you if you want to add them to your wad, but I completely understand if not.
Demo 4.1:
7FZJ6zG.png
3tfVROV.png

Final Demo:
RMBFqn0.png
HR9Oj8J.png

Demo 4.1 Fixed:
4uDlTL4.png
1P64Ohy.png

Say, where is the 3D model used for his sprites from anyway, is it from a paricular sonic game or was it made from scratch? Sorry if this is one of those questions that has been answered a million times but I don't know where to look for this info

I made the model in Truespace3D mostly out of primitives and liberal use of the cut tool (Before I understood real 3D modeling) and unfortunately I no longer have the file, but it's really great to see people still appreciating that work I did so long ago! :D

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back