Gunla

TYPE-NOCTURNE
Kart Krew™️
attachment.php

Looking for semi-obscure characters you may or may not have heard of? Are you a fan of bottom right statblock oversaturation? Not tired of anime in your kart racer?

Welcome to... The Box. It features characters done by Gunla, from wildly different mediums. Characters listed below include their stats, default color, audio source for voice lines and specific prefix ID (two letters for series, two for the character) to help servers have less of a hassle by avoiding ambiguity in skin conflicts.

What's in the box? Take a look for yourself...

kart0009.gif
A.I. (Dodonpachi)
  • Weight: 9
  • Speed: 8
  • Default Color: Walnut
  • Prefix: DDAI
  • Audio Source: Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu
She isn't sure if she wants to kart you, but for Next EXY, she will. Dodonpachi's AI utilizes her heavy frame, large twintails and flight capabilities to produce a racer that's great at leading the race, but bad on the recovery.

kart0008.gif
BB (Fate/Extra)
  • Weight: 6
  • Default Color: Lavender
  • Prefix: FXBB
  • Audio: Fate/Grand Order
The final-boss type kouhai from the far side of the moon enters the race. She's got great stats for frontrunning and bullying middleweights, which is what she does best!

kart0010.gif
Cordelia (Fire Emblem)
  • Weight: 7
  • Speed: 7
  • Default Color: Red
  • Prefix: FECD
  • Audio Source: Fire Emblem: Awakening
The Galeforce-spamming pegasus knight enters the race with perfectly balanced, offense-oriented stats. While not able to frontrun as consistently as others, she gets the job done in great fashion.

kart0011.gif
Hululu (Kemono Friends)
  • Weight: 4
  • Speed: 6
  • Default Color: Nova
  • Prefix: KFHU
  • Audio: Kemono Friends 1 (Nexon Game)
Straight out of Japari Park, it's Hululu! She's a bit of an airhead, but she'll try her best to win the race. Her stats are balanced, but faster and lighter than Knuckles, making her not exactly excellent at leading the pack, but a respectable racer nonetheless.

kart0042.gif
Orta (Panzer Dragoon)
  • Default Color: Raspberry
  • Prefix: PDOR
  • Audio Source: Panzer Dragoon Orta
Trading her dragon for a Kart (I suppose it gets better mileage?), Orta enters the race. She shares her stats with NiGHTS, making her a character with above average speed and decent handling.

kart0013.gif
Silver Surfer (Marvel Comics)
  • Weight: 5
  • Speed: 9
  • Default Color: Silver
  • Prefix: MCSS
  • Audio Source: MUGEN
Arriving in cursed and blessed fashion, Silver Surfer had an accident attempting to utilize some propane from a neighbor and opts to utilize a kart granted by the POWER COSMIC. He reaches top speed in the game, and with average weight, he doesn't have a horrible time drifting.

kart0034.gif
Bede (Pokemon Sword & Shield)
  • Weight: 6
  • Default Color: Purple
  • Prefix: PKBD
  • Audio Source: Dragonball FighterZ (come on Nintendo, give me a voice actor...)
With a chip on his shoulder and one hell of an attitude to match, Bede takes a detour in the Galar region and ends up on the racetrack. His stats are aggressive, but still balanced enough to allow him to be fairly versatile. So then why does he use Frieza voice clips? Because Nintendo/TPCI hasn't given him a VA yet and I thought it would be funny - once he's given one I'll update him as such.

kart0015.gif
Zero (Mega Man Zero)
  • Default Color: Raspberry
  • Prefix: MMZR
  • Audio: SNK vs. Capcom: SVC Chaos
The red hero arrives into the racetrack! (Again.) This rendition of Zero is based off of his design in the Megaman Zero games, so he's sacrificed some of his bulk for a bit faster speed.

kart0030.gif
Aevum (OC)
  • Weight: 5
  • Default: Gold
  • Prefix: PNGL
  • Audio: Fire Emblem: Heroes
Arriving from an otherworldly spacetime, the mysterious, haughty and powerful Aevum heads into the race!

- V1 - Initial release. Combines two standalone characters with A.I. and Hululu into a single pack.
- V2 - Cordelia added to the pack. Orta's rank icon is touched up; A.I. has a new rank icon entirely. Hululu and Orta have had their preferred colors to Dusk and Red respectively.
- V2.5 - All characters have updated UI and sprites to varying degrees. Hululu and Cordelia have asymmetrical sheets to properly mirror eyes. Goalpost backgrounds for Hululu, Cordelia, A.I. and Orta added.
- V2.6 - BB & Orta have updated sprites and UI.
- V2.6.1 - Fixed an issue with Orta's sprites not being completely updated.
- V3 - A.I. completely resprited; some of her voicelines have been shifted around. Silver Surfer added to the pack.
- v3.1 - All asymmetrical characters have received slight updates to their sprites and UI alongside fixing a bug involving vibration frames. Hululu's preferred color has been changed to Nova. Pack naming schema updated to match current MB requirements.
- v3.5 - Hululu's stats have been changed to 6 speed and 4 weight. Orta's sprites have seen a significant overhaul. Cordelia's rank icon has been slightly updated to prevent an oversight regarding select palettes.
- v4 - Bede added to the pack.
- v5 - Zero (MMZ) added to the pack. Orta's preferred color changed to Raspberry. All other racers have seen minor rank icon updates.
- v6 - Aevum added to the pack. Zero (MMZ)'s sprites have received some touchups & his color ramp usage has been adjusted.

Attachments

• kart0012.gif
    kart0012.gif
    3.2 MB · Views: 2,258
  • Boxshilling.png
    Boxshilling.png
    11.5 KB · Views: 19,013
  • KC_Box-v6.pk3
    3.2 MB · Views: 643
Last edited:
The Box has been updated to Version 2 (or V2), including a new character and small tweaks to other character's UI. A changelog can be found in the OP.

The Box has been updated to Version 2.5 (or V2.5), including minor changes for all characters. While new additions to the pack are indeed in the works, I decided to prioritize updating previous characters in some capacity. A changelog can be found in the OP.

The Box has been updated to Version 3 (or V3), including a new character and respriting another. A changelog can be found in the OP.

The Box has been updated to Version 3.1 (or v3.1), including updates for 5/6 characters in the pack and fixing a bug involving vibration sprites. A changelog can be found in the OP.

The Box has been updated to Version 3.5 (or v3.5), including significant sprite updates for one character and some minor changes for two other characters. A changelog can be found in the OP.

The Box has been updated to Version 4 (or V4), including a new character. A changelog can be found in the OP.

The Box has been updated to Verison 5 (or V5), including a new character. A changelog can be found in the OP.

The Box has been updated to Version 6 (or V6), including a new character and sprite updates to 1 character. Please see the changelog in the OP for full documentation.

Gunla updated The Box - A Character Pack by Gunla [v7] with a new update entry:

v7 - Alice & Individuals

A somewhat premature update, but the Box has been updated to Version 7 (or v7), introducing a new character and sprite updates to 1 character.

Individual files have been added for all characters as well. I'm currently in the midst of working on a lot of updates to older characters as well as a new character which will take me a while, but in the meantime, with the new MB move I've opted to update anyways.

Read the rest of this update entry...

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back