Thing the Master Emerald

Metafrost2

I will ask simply and clearly: where find the Master Emerald in the Zone Builder so that I can put it in the center of the level. I'm making a sanctuary like the Inner Sanctum Zone, only bigger and more complex. But the central altar is nothing without the Master Emerald.

Now I just can't upload screenshots, I could show them.

Last edited:
Both are almost exactly the same way to do it since a SOC lump is basically a text file, except the latter procedure involves a few more clicks.
You can just create a blank entry, edit it as text and write your SOC there, which is faster.

Both are almost exactly the same way to do it since a SOC lump is basically a text file, except the latter procedure involves a few more clicks.
You can just create a blank entry, edit it as text and write your SOC there, which is faster.

What image formats can I convert to ".lmp" format and how do I do it?

Slade can convert PNGs to .lmps in the Doom/SRB2 format.
Just drop in a PNG, then right click it -> Graphic -> Convert to...
Then you can convert your images there. (Sprites use Doom Gfx format)

Slade can convert PNGs to .lmps in the Doom/SRB2 format.
Just drop in a PNG, then right click it -> Graphic -> Convert to...
Then you can convert your images there. (Sprites use Doom Gfx format)

I wrote lump and took everything into account so that no warnings were displayed on the console. But the Master Emerald texture is still missing. What could I have missed?

Did you properly align the Master Emerald graphics so that the bottom tip's middle lands on the middle of the grid relative to when you first open the image?

If not, the graphic will be all over the place.

Did you properly align the Master Emerald graphics so that the bottom tip's middle lands on the middle of the grid relative to when you first open the image?

If not, the graphic will be all over the place.

So how do I make it a sprite? Here on not only offsets to configure. I would like to ask: can the size of the texture also affect its detection?

I did everything right, but in Sprite mode. But when I open wad again, this texture goes back to Auto mode.

The type of offset switching back to Auto doesn't matter, your manual input will be what is set as the GFX offset.

The type of offset switching back to Auto doesn't matter, your manual input will be what is set as the GFX offset.

Maybe it's all about SOC? I could have specified something wrong in state.

UPD: I learned this: in SLADE, it turns out that you need to put textures between two special markers. What should be the markers?

Last edited:
Guys, I did it! Thanks for the tips! My version of ISZ is already ready. As a finale, I put the usual signpost, but in fact I wanted to put a teleportation beam that will take me to the designated space, where the level will end. Do I need to do this?

srb20085.png
[/url][/IMG]

Guys, I did it! Thanks for the tips! My version of ISZ is already ready. As a finale, I put the usual signpost, but in fact I wanted to put a teleportation beam that will take me to the designated space, where the level will end. Do I need to do this?

srb20085.png
[/URL][/IMG]
Congrats, that looks nice.

PS: what does ISZ stands for?

Thanks I forgot the name

Still, how do I set up a teleport on the sector? (although this is not necessary)

---------- Post added at 12:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:34 PM ----------

In General, I want to tell you what the problem is. I built my improved version of one special stage, Inner Sanctum Zone. And I succeeded. But this is a trial work. Next, I want to build my own levels. I want to create my own level pack. By the way, can such a small job not be accepted here? Or can I try using Discord?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back