• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Tonic's Random Levels in Gametypes other than co-op!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToniczeHedgefox

Make room for Dr. Sonic!
To replace my old CTF map madness topic since...well I'm trying another gametype(s) and that is Match! (tag)

Here comes the pictures of Brawl Factory based on SSBB's level editor.
Though since SRB2 Pallete hates Brawl, it is all grey instead of a very steel light blue blue.
srb20065_zps459574c9.png

srb20066_zpscf67e943.png

srb20067_zpsdf5c2f7d.png

srb20068_zps04ff6ab4.png

It also comes with custom music. So I won't host this on SRB2 like I did with my previous ctf maps.

Well, at least the textures fit well the architecture of the level!
You should manage to put smaller versions of those textures for having smaller blocks, because all I see are gigantics blocks sprayed around the map, with some bridges.

Well, at least the textures fit well the architecture of the level!
You should manage to put smaller versions of those textures for having smaller blocks, because all I see are gigantics blocks sprayed around the map, with some bridges.

Small blocks? Alright then, I hope this is good.
srb20069_zps767c06fc.png

That's it! They could also be used as stair to avoid having a large amount of springs in the map, unless it's the point of it.
Oh also just noticed, you should put the same SSBB level editor background as the sky, having THZ1 over a in-factory themed level is weird. :P

That's it! They could also be used as stair to avoid having a large amount of springs in the map, unless it's the point of it.
Oh also just noticed, you should put the same SSBB level editor background as the sky, having THZ1 over a in-factory themed level is weird. :P

Yeah...I tried that
The colours mess up...but I tried again.
srb20070_zps5df06113.png

srb20071_zps71645708.png

Well that's sure that SRB2's palette won't help you... You could try something more simple like Death Egg sky from Sonic 3, it will somehow fit, and will work with the palette.

Underground Caverns

Underground Caverns Zone
An unoffical followup to Pipe Towers

My attempt at making a Mario stage since I've learned some moving blocks and mario blocks. Here's what's come!

srb20073_zpsc17e3752.png

srb20074_zps9e062f67.png

srb20075_zps5baf9ac3.png

I guess Mario counts as a seperate game type, right? Right? Right?

Last edited:
One last picture, and this time it is a gif to know how to go through the first bit of the level and the secret pathway.

DeliriousScornfulBighornsheep.gif

Not sure if I'm a expert player, but really I don't care about secrets being shown (not at all). That just make me want more, and tells me that the stage have some good to find.

Also, secrets should have some kind of tell, because expert players won't go around jumping into walls that are above a bottomless pit in the off-chance they may find a secret. Nor will any kind of player, really.

Also, secrets should have some kind of tell, because expert players won't go around jumping into walls that are above a bottomless pit in the off-chance they may find a secret. Nor will any kind of player, really.

Well, really that's what the mushroom is for (which is now one of those grider things.)

---------- Post added at 08:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:20 PM ----------

Do you mind when you put the rails?

What does that even mean?

---------- Post added at 08:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 PM ----------

UPDATE! YAY!
GreatSleepyIlladopsis.gif

What does that even mean?

It means you placed two rail panels right next to each other, both of which are accessible right near 2 BOMB panels. That's just a recipe for disaster right there. Why? Because those two are easily the most powerful panels in the game and anyone who gets there first(probably Sonic lol) will absolutely DECIMATE the map.

Spread out your weapon panels, while you're at it, try to focus less on squares, it might help with clever weapon placement.

Well, really that's what the mushroom is for (which is now one of those grider things.)

I think you should push the wall into the secret tunnel a little, or change the texture, so people will know that there's a secret behind the wall. The original Doom demonstrates this with the first secret of the first level (shown in this video here). The wall that the player needs to go through is a slightly different color, and so it stands out and makes the player want to investigate.

You haven't played SSBB level editor before, haven't you?
There is no circles in it.

No, but you can make an octagonal shaped platform (a platform with 8 walls) or something. Look at these shapes.
variousconcave.jpg
Try making shapes like this instead of designing your levels around 90 degree corners.

Last edited:
I think you should push the wall into the secret tunnel a little, or change the texture, so people will know that there's a secret behind the wall. The original Doom demonstrates this with the first secret of the first level (shown in this video here). The wall that the player needs to go through is a slightly different color, and so it stands out and makes the player want to investigate.

Read the MS, idiot. I've done the texture idea.

Read the MS, idiot.

What is going with that language?
Come on boy, people are offering good suggestions, do not be reckless.

Too, show some pictures of your progress, so we can know what have you changed and what not.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back