• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic Quest - Beta 2 - Alpha 1 Realeased!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Hack

Known as Wind on SRB2
Hello. I used to be a user here on these forums by the name of Wind. But now I'm here as Agent Hack. But that dose not matter now...

...What matters (or at least to me it dose XD) now is Sonic Quest.

It's a Mod I started a bit while ago and have been working on for 8-9 weeks now. And I've finally made it to my first beta.

Beta 1 Post.
[spoiler:103c0c7da4]ScreenShots
Rocky Coast Act 2 (Co-op)
rcz2.png

Future Frigate Zone (Race)
ffz.png

Greenery Falls Zone (Match)
gfz.png

Rocky Coast CTF Zone (Capture The Flag)
rczctf.png

Current Features *BETA 1*:
3 Co-op levels
4 CTF levels
4 Match levels
2 Race levels
4 NEW Custom songs

Also I wanted to ask you guys something. "If you wanted a Dedicated Server with this wad added." Vote Now. :D

Once I'm finished typing the Read Me It'll have more information about this mod and what it is about.[/spoiler:103c0c7da4]

Sonic Quest Team.
Project Staff
Leader: Agent Hack
Beta Tester # 1: Filio
Beta Tester # 2: srb2kirbyo
Beta Tester # 3: Biospark
Beta Tester # 4:
Dedicated Server Administrator*:
Current In-Game Admin is: Filio
SOCcer(s): Agent Hack

Beta 1 Music list
[spoiler:103c0c7da4]Music List
Tunes 01 - O_MAP01M - Rocky Coast's Theme = Emerald Hill.ogg
Tunes 42 - O_MAP42M - Future Frigate's Theme = Flying Battery.ogg
Tunes 1046 - O_SUPERS - Super Sonic's Theme = Live And Learn.mp3
Tunes 1048 - O_CREDIT - End Credit's Theme = SonicBoom.mp3
Yes MP3's. :P[/spoiler:103c0c7da4]

Complete Level List:
Co-op:
Rocky Coast Zone
Imperial Factory Zone
Hidden Forest Zone
Frozen Peak Zone
Volcanic Behemoth Zone
Imperial Skies Zone
Stardust Run Zone
Death Egg III
Elemental Chaos Zone* * Have to get all emeralds first.
CTF:
Match:
Race:

----------------
Beta 2
I've begun work on beta 2 progress Report is on latest post.

The Downloads.

Download Sonic Quest Beta 1 With custom music 12.46 MB

Download Sonic Quest Beta 1 without Custom music 1.09 MB

Download The Sonic Quest Music file seperate ??? MB ~ Download coming soon.

Download the Sonic Quest Read Me 3 KB

Download Sonic Quest Alpha from the SRB2 Market.

There may be some stuff I'm forgetting to tell.. but thats it for now.
I'm done with this extremely long post. :P

The name reminds me of S:EQ.

By the way, you might want to hold off on any mods until ME is out. Then again, there'll be a level convertor, so...

Oh yeah, I also forgot to mention that this beta will be the first and last 1.09.4a based realese. Once SRB2ME comes out I'll begin work on the second beta.

Eh, double post FTL but I got a little progress report...

Here are some screens from Imperial Factory Zone 1 beta. Which will be updated and included in the SRB2ME beta of Sonic Quest.

Here we have a goop pathway, where the waste is tranfered thru metal pipe like runways where it will be dumped.

gooppathwayk.png

This is where all that waste gets dumped. In a once full_of_life area. The clear waters have been overuned by the ungodly goop that gets dumped out here.

dumping.png

Now, inside the factory. This is where the waste gets seperated into terminals, ready to be shipped out into the enviroment.

moredumping.png

Due to the fact area for dumping is getting limited, EggMan decided to put a waste room deep within the factory, for overload of poision.

wasteroompathway.png

This is where Eggman's Imperial Professors analyise fragments of Vegetation for Chaos Emeralds.

poisionedvegetation2.png

Here is the storage room. What secrets can you find here? (Incomplete)

storageroom.png

The level uses Chemical Plant's song from Sonic 2 here. It's in .ogg format.
Also, I need some help. I'm planning on adding a new enemy into the mod. It's a Crawla that has spikes on top. The only way to destroy it is to spindash torwards it. I know how to import a soc file into a wad file, and how to create and edit a soc. But what I need help with is putting the sprites into the soc file. Any kind of help or suggestions would be appreciated. :D

P.S. The beta testers for this mod will be getting the beta of Imperial Factory thru PM's...so yeah.

Uhh, NO to MP3s, YES to 64kbps Ogg Vorbis. NO to 12.46MB filesize for such little content, YES to it with 64kbps Ogg Vorbis included, MUCH, MUCH smaller.

Agent Hack said:
MP3 Music Downloaded off of The Frostwire Application.
NO, for reasons that can better be explained in the rules.

Well I don't have an MP3 converter and I don't know where to get one. So intill then, those MP3 files stay MP3.

Since SRB2 2.0 has been released I've begun work on Beta 2.

Since the release I've been 2 weeks deep into developing Sonic Quest Beta 2.

So here is a progress report.

I've gotten done with porting beta 1 SP levels to 2.0 and edited some of the levels. I've ported one of my match maps and the New Match system works perfectly in the level. Here I'm gonna show some screen shots from beta 2. Beta 2 isn't done yet though.

This is the boss level from Hidden Forest. I finally got that axis working properly. >.>
hiddenforest.png

hiddenforest2.png

This is the boss battle from Imperial Factory. You gotta lead the turret lazer towards Eggman to hit him.
imperialfactoryboss.png

These are from Imperial Factory Act 2 which I'm still making. Act 1 has been ported already.
imperialfactoryact2.png

imperialfactoryact21.png

imperialfactoryact22.png

imperialfactoryact23.png

Here I want to show you where I'm at on making this level. (for the lulz)
imperialfactorydevshot2.png

I've been working on Act 2 for 3 days now. Doom Builder keeps crashing when I select new textures and whatnot. Anyways wish me luck! (I'm gonna need it. >.>)

Any suggestions and/or criticism would be appreciated.

Ok this mod seems good. I REALLY got to pitch in. Er, and when I open up my Level Editor, I only get the bosses and enemies from 1.09.04. But that doesn't really matter.

I MAY make a server when I finish a beta for a level. But so far, this is 100% work of Agent Hack.

EDIT:Er, hack. The level list is supposed to have Internal Shrine as the stage you need all emeralds for.

Thanks Filio. I've forgotten to replace that level with Internal Shrine. I'll do that soon.

Also I've realesed an alpha version of what I currently done of Sonic Quest. It only contains the SP levels and 1 match map. I'll put the download up soon. I can't make any progress on Sonic Quest at the moment because of the fact that my wireless mouse died so I'm using the spare while I charge it. And the spare is slow sticky crap.

Let's be honest: BARELY ANYONE still uses 1.09 for ANYTHING anymore. Might as well just port + upgrade, and forget the first beta. You may lose some things in the upgrade behind, but thats okay, because we are all in this together.

You can't stop progress.

[spoiler:285ea2b5d0]World of Goo FTW.[/spoiler:285ea2b5d0]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back