• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Porting over Midnight Abyss with some changes. (Map from v1.09.4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SonicX8000

Graphic & Sprite Modder.
Judge
So... I been thinking about porting over a map from v1.09.4, and so I messed with it abit and... well, here's some screens.

The custom gravity from v1.09.4 is kept in here.

midnightabyss.png

Overhead view of the map. (The only notable changes are within the center.)
-----
srb20002.png

Top Area (Needs a place for Railers.)
-----
srb20003.png

Bottom Area
-----
srb20004.png

These are exit teleporters. KEYWORD : Blue > Red.
-----
srb20005.png

Doorways to the Teleporters. *These are at the top area, which will teleport you back to the ground area without needing to float down and become a target for Railers.*

Pretty much so far, however, there will be rings under some platforms for Tails Players to get too. Then again...

I think I should also mention that the Greande Ring might be unless in this level mainly due to the Gravity.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Increase gravity. gravity has always been a complaint about this map.

(And yes, it will remain as such for my port)

I think the gravity will fit this time around, as if you look at the screenshots. The platforms are very high(At least for Sonic)

Ports of symmetrical Match maps? Are you serious. People won't even know what weapon is where because every entrance looks the same.

Ports of symmetrical Match maps? Are you serious. People won't even know what weapon is where because every entrance looks the same.

Yea... I know that everything looks the same, so...
midnightabyss.png

Weapon Panel locations. *The Ammo for them isn't far away, however, if a change needs to be made, it will be done.*

*Weapon Info*
Auto :4 - Bottom area.
Bomb : 4 - On some platforms near the middle.
Bounce : 4 - At the top of the area.
Grenade : 4 - The pathway in the outer center area.
Scatter : 1 - At the bottom with a platform over a Death-Pit.
Rail : 1 - Almost at the top, but NOT at the ceiling. There's a extra platform at the top.

*Emerald Spawns*
I figure since with the low gravity, I kinda made the emeralds float in which jumping is the way to get them, however... some are placed where you don't need to jump just to grab it. Keep in mind that they are NOT placed where they will be hard to get for Sonic users.

*Layout Info*
Since I made the center area taller, I've deiced to put in some springs for those that want a instant launch to the top of the level. I am thinking about placing downward springs so you don't have to float down and become a easy target for Railers and such.

Last edited:
Wait, four weapon panels? You do know that a Match level should never have more than one of every panel, right?

Hmm...

>_>, does it really have to be 1 Panel of each?

I suppose I could just have 2 Panels instead of 4, and just replace them with Ammo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back