Darkest thing to ever happen in a sonic game

Status
Not open for further replies.

hms

This thread is topic is here for the purpose of naming the darkest thing to ever happen in a sonic game. These three options are the candidates for the title: Sonic's death and the resurection of Solaris, Black doom transforming into Devil doom and almost killing everyone on the planet, the space colony ARK almost crashing into the planet and shadow nearly dying.

Last edited:
Polls don't exist...?

The "darkest" thing was probably when Sonic got killed. Though, it got ruined after him getting popped back to life 5 minutes later.

Actually, I liked the Secret Rings moment better.
Sha-ra stands in front of Sonic to protect him and dies. Sonic's ring crumbles and he turns into a beast.
Edit: So, now you wrote the choices...

Um.. The third one?

Polls don't exist...?

The "darkest" thing was probably when Sonic got killed. Though, it got ruined after him getting popped back to life 5 minutes later.

Actually, I liked the Secret Rings moment better.
Sha-ra stands in front of Sonic to protect him and dies. Sonic's ring crumbles and he turns into a beast.
Edit: So, now you wrote the choices...

Um.. The third one?
I was gonna make it into a poll but for some reason it won't let me.

The darkest moment is when the series went into 3D.

...Really, this series doesn't have a whole lot of dark moments at all.

Sonic 06 was pretty serious. (Even if it failed.. butwhatever)

Shadow The Hedgehog was also another serious game.... sort of

I've always found Spinball to be a relatively dark for a Sonic game, without Shadow-esque cheese upon it. The graphics, the music, the enemies (Rexxor and the Roboiler, anyone?) and the difficulty are all at least a little sinister. It helps that there's jaunty bonus games between the levels.

The most ironically dark moment of the series is where Tails announces that "all's well that ends well!" or something to that effect at the end of Sonic Adventure. Perfect Chaos has been defeated, but Station Square is still a flooded mess.

Actually, Shahra's death in Secret Rings was a tad saddening.

Last edited:
Sonic's death in 06 would've worked is he wasn't the main character of the entire series. It's kind of pointless to kill off a character that you know is coming back anyways.

Black Doom transforming into Devil Doom..... you know it was kind of stupid to leave the Chaos Emeralds behind.

The Ark scene worked until Sonic Heroes, where it was revealed that Shadow was alive! What a perfectly good way to ruin a perfectly good scene. *applauds*

So, what do I think the candidate should be? Seeing those poor defenseless Chao getting knocked over by those cruel Echidnas in Sonic Adventure (when they stormed the shrine to get to the Chaos Emeralds).

The darkest moment is when the series went into 3D.

...Really, this series doesn't have a whole lot of dark moments at all.
Exactly. This is targeted towards kids for fucks sake. Why would it have dark moments?

That footage of Gerald damning the human race just a few seconds before being executed. I don't think anything else in the series tops that.

Also, I'm not quite sure if it classifies as "dark", but Gamma's death really shook me when I first saw it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back