Shadow Vicious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well while we're talking about the red/blue bars, they should be directly on top of one another. If a HUD requires you to look on both sides of the screen for gameplay-critical information, it's fairly bad design - try to keep most of your HUD compacted into the same general area, or at least the same side of the screen, so the player can know everything from a quick glance and not waste precious moments searching through clutter. Also, it'd be preferable if you made a timer that can count in milliseconds. It's not mandatory, but it really helps time attackers, and seeing as this is a Sonic game...

Aside from the generic level design (which you really have no excuse for even at this stage, considering it's using the same engine and mechanics as your other games), I can't really comment on much else without seeing a gameplay clip.

Well while we're talking about the red/blue bars, they should be directly on top of one another. If a HUD requires you to look on both sides of the screen for gameplay-critical information, it's fairly bad design - try to keep most of your HUD compacted into the same general area, or at least the same side of the screen, so the player can know everything from a quick glance and not waste precious moments searching through clutter. Also, it'd be preferable if you made a timer that can count in milliseconds. It's not mandatory, but it really helps time attackers, and seeing as this is a Sonic game...

Thanks! I will probably redesign the Hud soon.

Aside from the generic level design (which you really have no excuse for even at this stage, considering it's using the same engine and mechanics as your other games), I can't really comment on much else without seeing a gameplay clip.

Generic level design? huh? this is a test stage and no, this is a whole new engine and it's nothing like SNA.

Chaos control was pretty bad. It just let you skip through entire parts of the level, often making you miss things that you'd otherwise need. Not to mention that it'd often stop you over pits and such and send you careening to your death. Chaos Blast was the only good one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back