Zaxel Katsugyo

ZaxelKTS
✨ Collaborator ✨
Sup! This is my first try to up a level pack in MB.
Its called "Zaxel coop maps" or just ZCM.

ZCM was thought to be palyed in COOP, but if you want a single adventure.. so great!
The "new" monitors and items still in development..i'll update the ZCM when ready.
If you knows how to program shields and wants to contribute, I accept help =)

For now ZCM has 9 zones, with some secrets and a "mini-hub":
There's still in development and i will keep uptading it adding more zones.

Feel free to use it in your servers!!

Please, play it and rate it ^-^
Good luck!

Thanks to vacaoverpower! he helped me with scripts.

UPDATES:
- Now BRASILAND is back!
- Now beyond the badinks, MONSTERS will join to smash Sonic...(and it takes a lot of level size..eeh..)
- The level pack now is powered with Goldenhog's ESP stuff, credits to him for the different stuff!

Known Bugs:
-Some few textures corrupted in process, not too problem.

Attachments

• srb20028.gif
    srb20028.gif
    6.7 MB · Views: 1,959
  • srb20022.gif
    srb20022.gif
    5.8 MB · Views: 1,549
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    4.4 MB · Views: 1,265
  • VS_zaxelcoopmaps-v1.3.pk3
    49.3 MB · Views: 3,403
Last edited:
This one's a bit of a doozy. It's got its fair share of corridors and similar looking rooms, and a few rendering issues here and there, but it's ambitious! Hope it shapes up to be something even better.

Welcome to Releases!

Hi, this is pretty ambitious as a first mod for SRB2, I played through the first 3 levels so far.

Let me say that the levels do look to be of a decent length and it does look like you put in a lot of work already, but there are a couple of issues that should be taken care of before proceeding with additional content.

1. Your music for the levels is missing, I opened your .pk3 in Slade and found that the audio files apparently were never added. In addition, the folder that contains the audio should be labeled 'Music', and the audio files themselves should have four letters (all caps) and the prefix O_ (an example name, "O_BFZ1").

2. I noticed what appear to be custom monitors, but they don't have collision and they don't do anything. Your .pk3 file seems to show they are meant to have Lua attached to them, but the code is not working in game. The monitors are easy to find as well, which makes me wonder if they were tested before the pack was submitted.

In addition, once you get those two items fixed, you can look at making this into a true mod with its own save data, see the wiki for a step-by-step guide on doing this.

I was hesitant to get this for a while, because I thought it was just sa_sp_ZaxelCoopMaps.pk3 (the one you were hosting a server with) but shortened.

I was very surprised. You seemed to have completely redesigned these levels from the previous versions. I can definitely tell you've progressed in mapping more. However these levels still have the issue of having areas that are too large without enough height variation. There are places where you can still very much tell that they were pasted in from your old pack.

Zaxel, I think you have potential as a mapper, however you're churning out stages far too quickly.

I think if you dedicated time to really polishing a single stage, spending a few weeks, hell, even a few months on it until it was as perfect as you could possibly make it, you could make stages near the level of, say, the ULDC levels that have released. (and a few that haven't released quite yet but I've seen, and hoo boy am I excited for those)

Well this is a bit of a interesting project, it's much better than it used to be, but i have a few complaints i wanna address here

For one i feel like the first level is a bit too flat, even by my standards, a few simple elevated platforms here and there would
help remedy this a bit, and the 2nd act feels very random and inconsistent, like half of it uses completely different textures and doesn't really mesh well in my opinion

Secondly and this is probably my biggest complaint, there are way, way too many monitors plastered about, oh my god, i haven't been able to go 15 seconds without seeing one

And lastly, if you ever update this again, please add custom save data in

Hope it helps

Last edited:
So I can get the soundtrack working now, but it really should be a part of the main download rather than something you need to enable separately.

I also notice there is a new zone, but a few of the issues I mentioned the first time around (such as the custom monitors not functioning) have not been fixed. The custom monitors should really have code that makes them work if they are to remain.

Finally, this pack really could use the SOC code that clears out the game's built in unlockables and data in favor of its own, the very long levels (plus the new ones) makes this pack difficult to do in a single sitting.

Last edited:
You should try and make a map for the OLDC. Participating in a contest is a really good way to learn level-design tips that you can translate into your map pack here by focusing on just a single map to make it the best quality you can, and seeing what you enjoy most about other peoples submissions.

You should try and make a map for the OLDC. Participating in a contest is a really good way to learn level-design tips that you can translate into your map pack here by focusing on just a single map to make it the best quality you can, and seeing what you enjoy most about other peoples submissions.

What is OLDC?

Some minor complaints:

• That green palette actually hurts my eyes, I have to squint on that level... Either use a colormap or make the tint way less effective.
  • Please compress the music and put it inside the level pack so it's all one file. I would love to host with this in a server but people would then complain about a lack of music. For reference, most of the modern songs in the vanilla game use OGG quality 0.
  • Convert the Flats into Textures. Flats are irrelevant and useless now that both can be used on all areas of a map.

thanks, i updated with few modifications and compress the music.
fell free to use in your server, that's why this mod exists hahaha XD

Hey man, can you speak to me, what is the music of the level 2? I like it so much!
Z6Qo_B1xiBu5E8KaM0NrXGN8Exgz3DKavgK

Hi, i believe he does all his musics for the levels by himself, so i think its original, if not. Then i don't know, he's the one that knows it, but for now if you wanna give it a listen, open it on slade and find the Map ID on the music's name.

It's probably just me but, the spiders are creepy.

---------- Post added at 06:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 PM ----------

But,it is still good nonetheless.

Zaxel tell us in a post when you udpate

brazil zone being back is important

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back