Resource icon
This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
I was inspired to make this after seeing FabulousNinji's Pac-Man, despite having never actually played SRB2 Kart prior, and not even having played SRB2 at all in years.

Making separate characters for Blinky, Pinky, Inky, Clyde, etc. would be silly, so instead we have this one nameless, generic, color-changing, all-purpose spook which can assume any color, mimicking the appearance of any Pac-chasing ghost in existence, and some of which don't exist.

It has a speed of 7, one unit more than the pre-existing Pac-Man. This ghost is specially made to capture its yellow nemesis.

It has a measly weight of just 1, since a ghost is virtually weightless. While this gives the ghost some better handling, it also leaves it at the complete mercy of the chaos that ensues in any kart race, a prime target for being pinballed all across the track.

The ghost will temporarily turn blue in a panic when hit, although the kart color will stay the same.

The sounds are taken mostly from Pac-Man 2, with one taken from Pac-Man Arrangement, and one from the original Pac-Man. I ripped all the sounds myself with Snes9x and MAME.

I drew everything (except for the stock kart, obviously) in Inkscape, before exporting to various images, and scaling them down and tweaking them heavily in Paint.NET.

Changelog:
Code:
Version 1.01
- Converted WAD to PK3 and removed unnecessary lumps to optimize filesize for players downloading through game servers.

Version 1
- Initial Release as a WAD file.

Attachments

• kart0000.gif
    kart0000.gif
    5.5 MB · Views: 1,933
  • kart0000.jpg
    kart0000.jpg
    144.5 KB · Views: 1,305
  • kart0001.jpg
    kart0001.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 986
  • KC_PacGhost-v1.01.zip
    256.3 KB · Views: 1,334
Last edited:
I've converted the WAD to a PK3 for the new SRB2 Kart update. This is for the convenience of anyone hosting a server with this character who has people without the character connect to them.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back