.WAD files not working

Rush

Hello everyone, I apologize for any mistakes, as i am fairly new to the community, but i had a question regarding how to get .wad addons to work in SRB2. I have no idea why, but whenever I attempt to install .wad addons, I get an error message that crashes my game, saying something along the lines of, “P_InitPicAnims: bad cycle from DLAVA1 to DLAVA4”. I have checked that the files are in the same location as the launcher, tested them all on older versions (to no avail), and still nothing works. .pk3 files work fine, but most mods run on wad instead of pk3. Also, if it helps I’m running it on a windows pc. Thanks so much for the help!!

Have you checked if it’s using the current version? Try exporting all the files to a pk3, or just tell me your mod so I can help you better.

Like SIG7 said, are you using the most recent version? (Being 2.2.6) Also it crashing on startup is very weird, maybe put the wad’s in a folder, (like a “mods” folder) then put it in SRB2’s directory and then load the wad’s in game, which would be through the “addons” option in the main menu.

Thanks for the response!
Im pretty sure i installed the latest patch, but i recently reinstalled it just incase and nothing has changed. Just for reference, Im installing mt_GenocidePack.wad by extracting the rar file inside the 'addons' folder, and then deleting the rar file. the same error shows up when i enable it in game (the game doesnt crash on startup, it only crashes when I enable it in the addons section of the game). that in essence, is all im doing to install the mods prior to downloading srb2. Was there any file in particular i was supposed to change to allow mods?

---------- Post added at 07:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:31 AM ----------

Like SIG7 said, are you using the most recent version? (Being 2.2.6) Also it crashing on startup is very weird, maybe put the wad’s in a folder, (like a “mods” folder) then put it in SRB2’s directory and then load the wad’s in game, which would be through the “addons” option in the main menu.

If you mean putting the wads in the 'addons' folder and loading them ingame, I already tried that. Still no luck. I think i should also mention that I also tried converting the wad files into pk3s with WAD2PK3, which allowed me to load the mod without crashing, but it didnt change my game at all, and was essentially a dead file.

Im certain I did download the 2.2.6 patch, but just incase, is there a way to check the latest version? maybe I installed it incorrectly?

Im installing mt_GenocidePack.wad by extracting the rar file...

Well I looked it up and GenocidePack is a 2.1 wad, and if I remember correctly, most if not all wads from older versions don’t work with 2.2 unless they are a mod made for 2.2. Even if you convert it into a PK3 file, sense it’s intended for 2.1 and probably doesn’t have support for 2.2, like you said it’ll act like a dead file. If this is also giving you trouble with mods that on the current “Releases” section of the MB, then I don’t know what to tell you.

Im certain I did download the 2.2.6 patch, but just incase, is there a way to check the latest version? maybe I installed it incorrectly?

In-game, on the main menu, if you look on the bottom left corner of your screen, it should tell you what version of SRB2 you’re currently playing.

Last edited:
Well I looked it up and GenocidePack is a 2.1 wad, and if I remember correctly, most if not all wads from older versions don’t work with 2.2 unless they are a mod made for 2.2. Even if you convert it into a PK3 file, sense it’s intended for 2.1 and probably doesn’t have support for 2.2, like you said it’ll act like a dead file. If this is also giving you trouble with mods that on the current “Releases” section of the MB, then I don’t know what to tell you.

In-game, on the main menu, if you look on the bottom left corner of your screen, it should tell you what version of SRB2 you’re currently playing.
Incase it still says 2.2.1, try replacing 2.2.1's files with 2.2.6's

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back