This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Frostiikin

recovering elseif abuser
Judge
[MAJOR V3 UPDATE! Check changelog for info!]

Azura will be receiving a complete and total resprite relatively soon (aka within the next couple of months) alongside a new character for her to team up with, and a brand new midair spin ability! Stay tuned! (Art below is the CSS art for the wip remake)
P.S: CSS has been updated once again, but i'm gonna just leave this one here since the new one has a bit of a spoiler for a feature of the upcoming remake :)

AzuraAgain.png

After almost a month of constant work, she's here! Azura is my personal

character (You can see her in my profile pic) who's based off of a Hyacinth Macaw, a huge blue fluffball of a parrot.

Her whole idea is that she takes a long time to get moving, but once she's at her top speed she can go even faster then you can with speed shoes!

To compliment that idea, she has a unique double jump move, the Pivot. The pivot allows you to come to a complete stop midair while storing your momentum, and release said momentum in whatever direction the camera is facing once you let go of jump, and she can do this twice in a single jump!

Due to not being from the sonic multiverse, she is unable to spin (Though her jump acts like a spin despite not looking like it would visually) and as such has a unique secondary ability aswell, the tornado leap! This move is essentially a riskier version of the jump that is also able to break walls and spikes, It goes a little bit higher then her normal jump, but doesn't protect you from enemies. Since it goes a little higher then her base jump, it can be used to pull off some pretty crazy skips, especially in the metal sonic fight. Thanks to this, she is the only speed focused character that takes the amy/fang routes through levels that is currently on the mb. She also automatically breaks breakable floors, which makes it easy for her to speed through the amy and fang areas without extremely precise tornado leap usage.

One major issue she has is with fighting bosses, Due to her low acceleration, she has trouble hitting a lot of them, but I assure you that all bosses and levels are 100% beatable with her.

Changelog:
V3.1: Fixed an issue with the css bio that I missed in v3.

V3: Edited every single sprite to look a little better by fixing up the outline and making the shading less wonky, added new animations for her pivot, added super abilities, added a placeholder idle animation that is only there because i got super burnt out and cant be bothered to actually animate something where she t-poses, added a secret song accessible by typing "Tunes secret" in console, added custom sounds for her jump and pivot, Added a new life icon that fits better with the vanilla life icons, fixed the bug where she turns into tails sometimes when skidding, Added after-images when she is running near her top speed, added brand new css art for her, added brand new falling sprites, added a brand new signpost sprite, and changed the file to be a .pk3 in order to make it easier to download in netgames.

V2: Slightly buffed a couple of azura's stats (acceleration, thrustfactor) to make her able to keep up with metal sonic a bit more easily and have the tornado leap be more useful, and fixed a couple of missing sprites that I forgot to import in slade.

Massive thanks to SwitchKaze#5561 for doing most of the lua, this truly wouldn't have been possible without him. Also thanks to Canine#3432 for the code that makes the death animation less weird, and SMS Alfredo#7974 for fixing a bug with super azura's tornado leap when Kaze was busy.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20027.png
    srb20027.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,356
  • srb20029.png
    srb20029.png
    135.5 KB · Views: 1,262
  • srb20042.gif
    srb20042.gif
    7 MB · Views: 1,249
  • srb20043.gif
    srb20043.gif
    3.8 MB · Views: 994
  • VCL_Azura-v3.1.pk3
    1.4 MB · Views: 1,678
Last edited by a moderator:
STEP ASIDE SONIC. I'M THE TRUE FASTEST THING ALIVE
attachment.php

Jokes aside, I can see that you put a great amount of effort into this character!

Attachments

• srb20514.gif
    1.1 MB · Views: 12,438
V2: Slightly buffed a couple of azura's stats (acceleration, thrustfactor) to make her able to keep up with metal sonic a bit more easily and have the tornado leap be more useful, and fixed a couple of missing sprites that I forgot to import in slade.

you've done a really nice job on this character! the sprites are adorable and the abilities are fun, it's always nice seeing people make original characters for this game

This may do well as one of those anti-netgame-lag characters due to the infinite time you have to redirect yourself with extreme precision. The pain frames are hilarious too.

That said, her main ability just doesn't FEEL right. Not just because it's hard to learn, that's kind of the character's point, but moreso because it doesn't have very outstanding ability frames, nor any effects or sounds to really sell it.

I think it's important for a high-stakes character like this to feel very rewarding when pulled off correctly, and it's missing that mark right now because her ability is very barebones and minimalistic.

Thanks for the feedback gold! I'm planning on adding more animations in an upcoming update (stuff like idles, animations for the pivot, ect since she doesn't have those right now) and I could probably come up with a unique aniamation for when she's in the pivot. I'll also contact kaze and see if he'd be willing to do some more code for it to add the noises, and also maybe some afterimages after the pivot is released (I feel really bad about asking him to do more though since he's already done so much XD)

Last edited:
The azura update is actually coming pretty well, few animations left to do before i can release it.

V3 is here! I'm gonna do a complete resprite of her at some point soon, but for now i need a break lmao

Alright, so....

Pain sprites are still funny. Idle frames are very....WTF-y
The secret tune is a waste of space due to it's lack of purpose.
Speed-sensitive afterimages help with context and feelin' good™
Sprite updates make the overall package feel quite a bit cleaner

I dig the new ability animation, though I'm not sure if she's supposed to be "drilling" forwards or if she just happens to be spinning leisurely after the forwards fling. If it's the former, I suggest massively speeding up the frames transitions.

I still don't quite understand why the pivot sometimes shoots you off faster than your previous momentum, and sometimes merely at the same speed. If that's not a glitch, a visual or audio cue to let players now it's happening would help.

Last suggestion...maybe have Azura smoke, flash, have a different audio sound, or something along those lines when you've used up your last available pivot!

Some of you may have noticed the title change to "Legacy Azura". That's right, this is now officially "Old and bad™️", as a total resprite has began. Here's a little preview of what the new sprites will look like. I'd like to say i've improved quite a bit since the initial release of this. =)
unknown.png

P.S.: Even after the resprite is completed, this thread will remain as-is, as this old version of azura is different enough from the new one to warrant being left here, while the new one will get it's own thread.

Last edited:
Some of you may have noticed the title change to "Legacy Azura". That's right, this is now officially "Old and bad™️", as a total resprite has began. Here's a little preview of what the new sprites will look like. I'd like to say i've improved quite a bit since the initial release of this. =)
unknown.png

P.S.: Even after the resprite is completed, this thread will remain as-is, as this old version of azura is different enough from the new one to warrant being left here, while the new one will get it's own thread.

Oh boi, Can't wait for the remake to be released ^^

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back