SRB2 Ports

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unknown Master

最後の磨き。
Well, I finally was able to Forward my ports, but unfortunatly It didn't work and my thoughts are because Srb2 doesn't support D-Link DIR-615, I'm not trying to be greedy or anything, but how can I host with my recent Router?

Make sure your firewall allows all connections coming in and out of SRB2. Perhaps also allow port 5029 to be excused. I don't understand how a router, which allows you to connect to the internet like all other routers do, can not let you host a server. Have you tested your ports to make sure they're opened? If they are, then you should be able to host.

In the SRB2 PortForward page, I seem to not be able to locate your router. The pages basically tell you how to open the ports, so it doesn't matter if it's not there. You've forwarded your ports, as you said, so just test to see if your ports really have been forwarded. If not, then you have to log into your router and forward them from there, as it should've been done.

PFPortCheck Program

I know you have joined my server one time or another, so you probably have the MS set up to be ms.srb2.org:28900

Last edited:
Erm... cant you just ask it in the SRB2 Ports List topic?

LightspeedX, that topic is about porting the game to other computer system, this topic is about TCPv4/IP port forwarding, two different matter altogether.

Ok, I've located some inbound connections that blocked some Srb2 exe's, but Runite, you kind of lost me when you were talking about ports.

I have Windows Vista and I'm not really sure how to excuse my ports, or how to test them, please I really do not know much about these so don't blame me for being stupid.

Ok, I've located some inbound connections that blocked some Srb2 exe's, but Runite, you kind of lost me when you were talking about ports.
This page should attempt to solve your problems (how to forward/open a port). Nevertheless, if you have any questions, just ask. Make sure you know the information used to log into your router (user name and password).

I have Windows Vista and I'm not really sure how to excuse my ports, or how to test them, please I really do not know much about these so don't blame me for being stupid.
I have Windows XP Professional, but I don't think that makes much of a difference when forwarding ports. But don't take my word for it; I've never done something like this on a computer running on Vista. And, you're not stupid.

I've provided a link to a program that can let you test your ports. Make sure you allow your firewall to excuse it as you've done to SRB2. When you downloaded the program, just type in 5029 in the text box, make sure UDP is checked. Then, click Check Me. If it says the port is open, then you should be able to host!

PFPortCheck Program (link, click on it!)

Last edited:
OK, I've downloaded the program and it tells me that the UDP port isn't opened.

Even though I put down 5029, It still isn't opened. (the program is allowed)

plus what is UDP and TCP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back