• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

[WIP] Green Flower Canyon zone

Status
Not open for further replies.

who-what-where-whale

who-what-where-whale
This is a level I have decided to make, my first level in fact!
I have made a little progress, so I have some screenshots.

Zso7FFw.png

ZUV3vXo.png

62ct5H0.png

I don't think you're supposed to be in the canyon, kinda beats it's purpose. Try making the level based around the fact that it's a dangerous canyon somewhere near Green Flower Zone. (Eggman's laser might've split through here...)

I don't think you're supposed to be in the canyon, kinda beats it's purpose. Try making the level based around the fact that it's a dangerous canyon somewhere near Green Flower Zone. (Eggman's laser might've split through here...)

*Arid canyon zone*
Aren't you in the canyon the whole time there?
Though, it is a bit flat for a level... This page has a huge collection of refrences for you to use :v

Last edited:
First of all, thanks for the criticism!
Secondly, I've posted an unfinished first level, so yeah.

Attachments

• Green canyon zone.zip
    18 KB · Views: 208
Maybe you could try using some Light Blocks to make a light gradiants to your pits, that makes them look much nicer, as using a bit of pegging to make grass ledges.

Time for another screenshot!
bHg5xer.png

Also I've decided to rename this map pack to Green Flower Detour,
because it will let me be more creative with the levels.

When looking at a wall in 3d mode, press a. Also, try using more...decorative stuff, looks kinda simple. You could either add decorative things, such as flowers, or trees, bushes, or you could use more textures to make it more diverse, you know. Make it more pretty.

Haikus go like this
5-7-5 precisely
No more haikus please

And going along with what Xkower said before, there's already a few Greenflower lookalikes that I've seen, but it being a first level is no harm done, so I'm not complaining either.

Oh my god I suck
How could I have messed this up?
Alright it is fixed.

---------- Post added at 06:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Introducing the third level, no it's not a boss level.
I won't be posting many screenshots of this one because it's dark and hard to decipher.
uhVipi0.jpg

There will be nine levels in total, seven of them being regular levels, and the eighth being a boss level.

Last edited:
Texture difference,
Is a key to player sight.
Apply it wisely.
(I had to get Kitoko to help me with syllables. Thanks!)

I can do more. But, I really think you should add differences in textures, and a way to make use of vertical movement. These stages so far are completely horizontal, and you could give more of a dimension to play by allowing higher heights. I feel if you gave more visual references to the player, they wouldn't feel so lost in an endless maze. And it would still be nice to break to a nice open area now and then. (Every now and then, at the least)

That last screenshot looks really, really, dark. I hope you'll have some form of lighting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back