SRB2Wii thread (v2.0.0 RC4, news update 27/11/2010 10:46)

lol o hay guys
imag0002.jpg
imag0005.jpg

Last edited:
And just how fast is the framerate?

Even with the water effects turned on, most of the levels actually work fine with little to no slowdown, all of the known problem levels like Deep Sea 1, Castle Eggman 2 and Eggrock 2 lag quite a bit though. Disabling the water effects will probably help that a lot.

Wow, looks like it's coming along. I'll be waiting for when a truly stable release comes out. I'll definitely keep my fingers crossed for this one. Continuous good luck to the team.

im a bit confused, so i just need to put Which file extentions into the srb2/data folder? and what about that config in the srb2/data/srb2 folder?

or should i jsut extract the whole game in the data folder?

SRB2Wii v1.3.0 has been released: Here are the changes:
- SRB2WII FINALLY GOES INGAME!
Oogaland's fixes to the Software renderer have proved wonderful for SRB2Wii, as even though the controls still don't work (another SRB2 problem), SRB2Wii can and will go ingame, fully working, no screwed up text, no crashes (there is still lag in some (aka most) of the levels though, this will be sorted as I go). =)
- Redesigned portions of SRB2Wii, including the boot process, the filesystem itself and how swap space is handled. There is now a separate swap file for SRB2Wii. In the normal SRB2Wii archive is a 32MB swap file, this can be extended to 128MB (for people who have the space on their SD cards) by downloading swap.tar.bz2 and extracting it onto your SD card (don't worry its literally a 338 byte download =)). SRB2Wii now loads faster, SRB2 itself loads much faster. SRB2Wii also uses less disk space and is smaller to download.
- Made it easier for people who like to play with source to do just that with SRB2Wii =P
- You can now change the parameters SRB2 uses to load yourself by editing /srb2wii/srb2 on your SD card. I like to use it to warp to levels manually to try them out =)
- The mini version has been tinkered with as much as possible, the stupid /dev/mmcblk0p1 error comes up for some reason, but once that error is dealt with SRB2Wii/mini will probably work properly =)

I still haven't tested the networking support. Anyone who has a Wii LAN Adapter that is known to work with Wii Linux can you please report to me that it works? Thanks =)

Enjoy, everyone.

I know this seems like a stupid question, but do you copy srb2wii-swap-128 to apps/srb2wii? Is it safe to rename it to srb2wii-swap?

...this can be extended to 128MB (for people who have the space on their SD cards) by downloading swap.tar.bz2 and extracting it onto your SD card...

In other words, just extract it to your SD card and SRB2Wii will load it automatically.

Last edited:
Hello, first, thanks for you for porting SRB2 to the Wii, it's my favourite Sonic Fan Game and playing it on the Wii should be very fun !

But I've a problem, I took the IOS version to play with the Homebrew Channel, I put the data (srb2.srb, Sonic.plr, etc...) in apps/SRB2Wii/data and the other srb2wii folder in the root of my SD card, I launched the game from the Homebrew Channel, the game start and seems to have no problem but controls don't work... I tried with a USB Keyboard and with the wiimote but it don't work, I can't pass the title screen... Yet, before the game start, when the game is loading, I can type with my keyboard and the A and the B of the wiimote work ...

I use the last version of SRB2 Wii .
Is there any solution ?

Thank you and I'm sorry if I wrote not correctly, I'm French and not very good in English ...

READ. The current version doesn't have working controls. He got in-game by setting parameters at launch.

I think the topic is kind of dead because of this... Maybe once the controls work, there will be more activity, but the current accomplishments are great.

Last edited:
SRB2Wii v1.3.0 has been released: Here are the changes:
- SRB2WII FINALLY GOES INGAME!
Oogaland's fixes to the Software renderer have proved wonderful for SRB2Wii, as even though the controls still don't work (another SRB2 problem), SRB2Wii can and will go ingame, fully working, no screwed up text, no crashes.
So controls do not seem to function but the level loads fine? Automatic Mario seemed to cross my mind.

Hell, this might prove to be something quite interesting for map makers. :(

Last edited:
Question From the Crowd, Cant you just use GlovePie scripts?
GlovePIE is a Windows only Wii Remote environment. I'm using cwiid and wminput because 1. It's made for Linux and is portable between architectures and 2. It's minimal, low footprint, and most importantly, better than GlovePIE. So people, please stop suggesting GlovePIE to me. The Wii Remote works fine. So do USB keyboards. The controls not working is an SRB2 bug.

READ. The current version doesn't have working controls.
5. Wii Remote works fine. If SRB2 accepted any input, it would most likely be using it by default. The pointer is disabled for now.
6. USB keyboards and mice work fine, however using the mouse is disabled at the moment.
It should work with the current version...
Or maybe I didn't understand something ...

SRB2 on the Wii is serious win. Awesome job, GCfreak/Callum. 'soon's the controls are working, this is a total insta-download for me.

What's keeping the controls exactly from working anyhow? Usually it'd be like first or second priority to get the controls converted to work on the Wii and getting SRB2 to accept it... so what's making this harder than it should be?

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back