I'm tired of n00bs on our master server.

Status
Not open for further replies.
My god I am getting pissed off, I'm in a server called HYPERSTAN, coop, currently in a level called zone port, and for anyone who's played the level you'll know, the exit is 2 seconds away, but its sort of hidden, I've been on the level before but never found the end before quitting, this time I found it after 1 minute or two, suddenly the server guy freaks out and restarts the level.

I thought it was the server guy being whiny that someone beat the level instead of him for once, so I beat it again (that was a retarded thing to do), they then said not to beat it and restarted the level again, so I said fine, they wanted to explore, which is okay, so I cover the entire level in 5 minutes, I'm wondering why have other people still not explored anywhere near as much yet, all they're doing is mucking around and forgetting the entire point of the levels, and now they're pretending to be the sonic characters and creating a story/fanfic in a sonic setting, I was in the level for another 5 minutes while they're all going.

"hey sonic"

"what's up buddy"

"so knuckles how's cream"

And stuff like that, and I eventually just go, so when can we beat the level, the response was

"so.........knuckles how's cream XD"

The main server guy is going psycho because there's two of one character which isn't perfect for his pretend sonic story he's trying to do.

Just before they started this story thing and I was wondering around the level the server paused and asked everyone to tell them who they'll be when he calls out our names, this went on for 7 minutes or so before we finally got it all done, and it was all for this crappy pretend story.

Its a coop level, just get on with it and finish the level.

Oh dear god I just loaded the window back up, the timer is on 4:16 someone obviously finished the level and then they got pissed off and restarted the level again, the first words I saw when I loaded it up again were

"sonic the hedgehog: hey I'm not that fat tails".

This really is irritating, in total we must have been here for half an hour, the level is 2 seconds long.

EDIT: we'll they were still continuing with their story, getting into pretend battles, sonic joining darkspine sonic against shadow and dark sonic, and them all going "noooo the emeralds", anyway I started moving, as soon as they saw that, they kicked me from the sever.

All I did was complete the level a couple of times, say to them about twice can we finish the level now, saying that they've done this story thing enough and we should do the other coop levels like we came here to do, and that was all spread out over half an hour, so I barely complained, I didn't whine constantly like an idiot, I was extremely patient, I was kicked because I didn't want to play along with one of the worst fanfics I've ever heard using srb2 that went on for half an hour.

Sciky said:
insert quote here

well, that server was going against my MasterServer rules, next time, report the server's name and it's IP address to me on IRC

Okay, what are you talking about? I didn't know what you were quoting, I made posts yesterday, it could've been from them, and what do you mean bah bah bah?

Sciky said:
Stuff above my post
Typically when they don't exactly quote what you were saying, it can be assumed that they're referring to your most recent one. Also it's kinda counter-intuitive to quote an entire post that length, so Logan was just keeping it terse.

Dante, in what way did you find out I was walking through walls? Did you F12 me? If so, you would of seen I was just playing normally.

Ugh, I've been banned quite a few times from servers for apparently abusing thok. Whatever that means. Honestly, if it's in the game, I'm supposed to use it to my advantage, rite?

Penopat said:
Dante is the coolest, in what way did you find out I was walking through walls? Did you F12 me? If so, you would of seen I was just playing normally.
I didn't see you,after you got banned the first time somebody asked why he banned you.He said he were hacking.I asked how.He said that you were walkng through walls.I never saw you.

#srb2fun on espernet said:
[21:57] <I`ll_Begin> !gamelist
[21:57] -SRB2MS- Running SRB2 netgames from http://srb2.servegame.org/
[21:57] -SRB2MS- 24.148.249.54:62325 Name: sonic adventure srb2 Version: 1.69.10
[21:57] <I`ll_Begin> O.o Is that (suspicious) server ALWAYS up?
[21:57] <I`ll_Begin> I'm joining it.
[21:58] <AmyRose> !gamelist
[21:59] <I`ll_Begin> Well. Now SRB2JTE isn't responding...
[21:59] <I`ll_Begin> Oh my god. So many wads
[21:59] <AmyRose> I`ll_Begin: Did you give it an invalid .srb file to convert? :P
[22:00] <I`ll_Begin> They broke the freakin' "you need these files to play" window
[22:00] <I`ll_Begin> SCREENSHOT TIME
[22:00] <I`ll_Begin> It has all three Jshadows in it >>;
[22:00] <I`ll_Begin> and an outdated Mystic Realm
[22:00] <I`ll_Begin> HMS123311, renamed
[22:01] <I`ll_Begin> DarkSpineSonic, probably outdated.
[22:01] <I`ll_Begin> Meh, I'll just show you a screenshot
[22:01] <I`ll_Begin> http://img247.imageshack.us/my.php?image=05142007220011zk3.png
[22:02] <I`ll_Begin> Even if it is hangout, nobody can even go in and check with all that.
[22:02] * SRB2-Playah has joined #SRB2Fun
[22:02] * ChanServ sets mode: +o SRB2-Playah
[22:02] <I`ll_Begin> Playah, Look at this.

Wads...when will anybody learn? If they don't have the file, How can things POISSIBLY run properly?

Maybe they should do the thing they do in Jedi Academy, if somone hosts/joins a server with a character, they'll just look like some default skin...

But then again N00bs will just join servers with SMS and then the MS WOULD be ruined

I think we should either get rid of the MS altogether or limit it to known people who use it well/need it.

EDIT: On that point, because we have the MS code in the source, we really should just get rid of it. If people want to host ten thousand wads and yell and scream, and not be a part of the proper community, why should we bother using our time and resources (because every host Logan has to ban is time away from 1.1 getting worked on) for people who are idiots and don't appreciate it? They want to be idiots, they can host their own MS.

Sonicandtails218 said:
I think we should either get rid of the MS altogether or limit it to known people who use it well/need it.
And for the "non-part-of-teh-community" ones, unknown guys, who just want to play ? (like me ? :roll: )

It would be strange to see a message in srb2 saying... "Hello, you can't access the master server, because you are not well known enough on the forums and on IRC..." :eek:

Solution: Don't include the MS address in the download. If they want to get on the MS, they need to put in the address themselves.

And Jman, are you asking a question?

Sonicandtails218 said:
(because every host Logan has to ban is time away from 1.1 getting worked on)
Because every second counts!

Now, the clear-cut solution to all of this is to simply ban netgames using wads from the MS. Of course, you'd still have to put up with the idiots, but at least 2/3 of the games on the server will be playable then- that's probably the entire community's biggest problem right there.

Ritz said:
Sonicandtails218 said:
(because every host Logan has to ban is time away from 1.1 getting worked on)
Because every second counts!

Now, the clear-cut solution to all of this is to simply ban netgames using wads from the MS. Of course, you'd still have to put up with the idiots, but at least 2/3 of the games on the server will be playable then- that's probably the entire community's biggest problem right there.

Nu nu nu!

How will we play Mystic realm?

The sollution is to leave it alone and see what happens

BlueZero4 said:
Solution: Don't include the MS address in the download. If they want to get on the MS, they need to put in the address themselves.
IIRC, that was actually how it was, earlier on. I don't know if things have changed that much ever since that ceased to be the case, however.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back