This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

Jazzz

attachment.php

Born after unhealthy doses of coffee, I bring you one of my favourite zones in the franchise. The infamous Labyrinth Zone

A simple 3-laps course featuring an underwater section, the signature of this zone. Fully compatible with Encore Mode and Record Attack.

As this is my first map ever for kart it probably has tons of room for improvements, so I'm all ears for feedback to improve this map even further.

Credits:
Spherallic - Labyrinth Zone texture set
Music: Labyrinth Zone Re-Imagined - Tee Lopes

Hope you enjoy it~

Attachments

• kart0000.png
    kart0000.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 12,627
  • kart0000.png
    kart0000.png
    123.1 KB · Views: 9,649
  • kart0001.png
    kart0001.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 2,119
  • kart0001.png
    kart0001.png
    123.3 KB · Views: 739
  • kart0002.png
    kart0002.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 1,867
  • kart0002.png
    kart0002.png
    169.2 KB · Views: 723
  • KR_LabyrinthZone-V4.pk3
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,000
  • KR_LabyrinthZone-V4.pk3
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,470
Last edited:
I really enjoy the visuals of the level. The skybox was really well-done and the encore palette was a nice touch.

I like the track overall; the turns are well choreographed and the level design is fair for the most part. It is basic, but it has enough to not feel boring.

That being said I would strongly recommend putting some barriers on the sides of the bridges. One small mistake here sends you back half a lap. A death plane also fixes the issue, but you'd have to be careful about the possibility of someone jumping into it off of the ramp.

giphy.gif

Speaking of the ramp, it is also possible for someone to jump off of the ramp and just end up crashing right into the pillar under the first bridge without warning, but that's the kind of mistake someone would only make once. Whether or not you consider that a noteworthy issue is up to you.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for the feedback PlacidGhost~

I'm releasing the Version 2 of this map. Main changes are:

• Added kill barriers to the sides of the bridges.
  • Added a small shortcut at the beginning of the map.
  • Changed first ramp with fixed springs, mostly to avoid the player from reaching the kill barrier mentioned before, but also to prevent them from hitting the pillar under the first bridge.
  • Adjusted the amount of the item boxes.
  • Added the missing signpost at the finish line.
Make sure to get the new version in the original post ♪

Map updated to V3:

• In the previous version I made the terrible mistake of adding speed capped spring panels at the first jump, as a result they did break the flow a lot. Changed them to regular spring panels. They're not strong enough to make you crash into the bridge kill zone nor make you crash against their pillars.
  • Moved the players spawns back a bit, so you have more room to maneuver at the first turn if you get a perfect start.
  • Subtle details.
Get the new version at the main post ♪

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back