What is your favourite Sonic fan game (barring SRB2)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Shadow Hog said:
Retro Sonic

Same thing... Retro sonic was customizable with diffrent sprites and everything else

And sonic time attacked cause of its good graphics

SRB1, Sonic Nexus and Sonic Action
I also quite liked the Sonic Shift demo at SAGE 2006, tough not so much for being one of my favourites.

I am very critical of Jamie Bailey's coding. Most of the time he always tries to either half-ass things or make incredibly complicated code that does things completely wrong. Many of these things are prevalent in Time Attacked: Uneven gravity (springs make you fly up and decelerate fast, while you fall slow), timer events (especially evil), glitchy ramp physics, just to name a few.

I remember how in Sausage Roll Islands, he made this really wonky and weird system for the 3D palmtrees, which seemed to make them look more like they were dancing than they were passing over your head. He could have just did simple positioning using multipliers. Now, don't get me wrong. I don't hate the guy, I just wish he would change his coding style. And Time Attacked is still nice, because it's got cool cutscenes (even if they consist of 98% path movements, which are evil!) and its graphics are pretty good - definitely one of his strong points.

Retro Sonic seems to be pretty cool, too. The current demo (which is kind of old now) is pretty glitchy, but at least the creator admits it and has decided to redo the engine. Though there's the small matter of its release date. When will the new engine come out, anyway?

Any Magicgrafx game. Shame Chaomega was never finished.

Oh, and for consistency my post in the previous topic of this nature: also TS2, SRB, Tails and the Quest for 100 Rings and TQ2, plus any others I've forgotten.

JJames19119 said:
I would have to say Neo Sonic Universe and When Tails Gets Bored.
Whats Neo Sonic Universe?Where do I download it?

Sonic Bible Adventure KIDDING!!!that sucks as hell <.<
my favorite fan game is:

title.png

Sonic Time Attacked for me as well. It has some quirks, but it's so overwhelmingly quality by comparison to other fangames it's hard for me to think otherwise. Heck, it even has one thing above even SRB2: Jamie actually FINISHED it.

You guys are still planning on finishing SRB2, right? You're getting work done, I hope?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back