Null Space from Sonic Forces 2.2 Port (VS_Null_Space-v1.3)

Null Space from Sonic Forces 2.2 Port (VS_Null_Space-v1.3) 1.3

Chicmunk

Wew!πŸŠπ“•πˆπ“π““ 𝐓𝓗𝐄 π“’π“žπ“œπ“Ÿπ“€π“π„π“‘ π“‘π“žπ“žπ“œ!😜
Did you hate the fact that the actual Null Space part of the stage in Sonic Forces was just 15 seconds of automation? Whelp I fixed that by remaking Null Space in SRB2. ^-^

This is a port of my Null Space stage from 2.1 with a huge texture makeover

I have made two secrets in this stage, see if you can find them. ^-^

I'd recommend playing this stage in single player first as the subtitles show when a player enters their triggers and someone else might trigger another one, preventing you from reading them.

You might also find it amusing to spam them as it resets the voice clips when you enter the triggers again. LEL

And yes there is a total of 1011 spikes in this stage, I was limited to spikes, monitors (wisp capsules) and rings. ^-^

Thanks to toaster for helping me shrink the original Level Select image,
TrailBlazer for his LOOPPOINT tutorial on his YouTube channel. ^-^ (How to make your own Custom Music Pack)
and Sphere for assisting with crashing reject thok barriers ^-^

v1.3 changelog:
1. Fixed the skybox 0,255,255 cyan part of the texture and all the colors around it to work with SRB2's pallet in OpenGL.
2. Fixed some typos in Sonic's voice clip subtitles.
3. Made the main path platforms at least 2 cubes wide.
4. Mixed up the platforming by making them FOF slopes every so often.
5. Slight ring & spike adjustments.
6. Applied the heat wave effect to the "whole stage".

2.2 change log: (v1.2)
1. All of the main Null Space textures are new or slightly changed to look more like Forces' Null Space
2. One of the secrets is more faithful to Forces...
3. All the spikes are now armed cacti instead or regular spikes to fit with Forces Null Space's spike pillars better, which means the pipe near the end is slightly different
4. Boosters are now used to allow Fang and Amy to finish the stage as well as Sonic, Tails & Knuckles

Attachments

• VS_Null_Space-v1.2.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 5,643
  • v1.3 MB SCREENSHOT.png
    v1.3 MB SCREENSHOT.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,358
  • VS_Null_Space-v1.3.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 5,681
Last edited:
This was really nice! Hearing Sonic chime in from time to time was a total shocker, and thankfully gave me reassurance that putting in voice lines IS possible. It could've used some more fast paced segments, but it's definitely a few steps up from Forces's straight line.

The kind of level that makes you open the console and set the cam_height to 100. Never beat it in 2.1 but finally did with Amy, pretty fun, as long as you're patient.

This has the opposite issue of the original null space, where now everything is too slow and difficult. Packed to the brim with spikes, tiny platforms, and a music loop far too short for the stage, the only thing I can really say I like about it is the skybox. Granted, it is a very nice skybox.

After seeing Sonic Central showcase Null Space, I've decided to update the stage a little and fix 2 bugs:

1. Fixed the skybox 0,255,255 cyan part of the texture and all the colors around it to work with SRB2's pallet in OpenGL.

Here's a quick example of FOF slopes which I'll be adding to Null Space:

srb20366.gif

v1.3 changelog:
3. Made the main path platforms at least 2 cubes wide.
4. Mixed up the platforming by making them FOF slopes every so often.
5. Slight ring & spike adjustments.
6. Applied the heat wave effect to the "whole stage".

Having just played this for the first time in a while, here are my simple criticisms:
a. There are far too many spikes everywhere, it makes platforming at many times unnecessarily painful, especially when
b. The v1.3 update making the main path always at least 2 blocks is definitely an improvement, but it still feels far too narrow much of the time
c. Your use of thok barriers is a tad bit excessive at times. For example, I got turned around at this spot because I thought it was a dead end, only to find out that I just couldn't see the path forward past the thok barrier
srb20017.png

Otherwise this is a quite well done level, I like it a lot.

After seeing Sonic Central showcase Null Space, I've decided to update the stage a little and fix 2 bugs:

Here's a quick example of FOF slopes which I'll be adding to Null Space:

srb20366.gif

is that a high poly model I see

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back