Resource icon

[Open Assets] Sonic 06/Adventure Style Spring Jump

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
You know how in the Adventure Style games Sonic can Homing Attack after bouncing off a spring?
Well this Lua tries to recreate that for everyone!

Not only does this enable 'Spring Actions', it also adjusts Jumping Animations to emulate both 06 and SA2 styles.

Oh, and made it so only characters that 'Spin Jump' actually spin.

I tried real hard to make it as openly compatible as I can with my limited Lua knowledge, so it Should(hopefully) work with other Scripts and even Characters.

(This is my first submission)

*(I used FuriousFox's BotSkin to record gif-6.)

*If you want I can include a version that acts as a 'Tutorial' for setting animations per character.*

Attachments

• srb20000.gif
    srb20000.gif
    3.5 MB · Views: 1,892
  • srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    2.8 MB · Views: 2,473
  • srb20002.gif
    srb20002.gif
    4.3 MB · Views: 1,392
  • srb20004.gif
    srb20004.gif
    6.3 MB · Views: 1,343
  • srb20005.gif
    srb20005.gif
    6.2 MB · Views: 908
  • srb20006.gif
    srb20006.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 1,726
  • L_06-Adventure_Spring_Jump_v1.0.pk3
    1.5 KB · Views: 2,386
Last edited:
Yo this is pretty neat, it reminds me of the time I had an outdated version of modern Sonic as I proceeded to slap the goofy out of every boss battle with the homing attack.

Hey, this is pretty neat. As a beginner coder, maybe you can teach me a thing or two about lua scripts and packing lua scripts into pk3s?

I love this! My only nitpick is that the falling/spinning frames animate way too fast compared to the characters' speed, and I'm unsure of what's making that happen and of how to fix it.

also hope that you're okay with me fiddling with it

EDIT: Actually I think they animate so quickly because the states are being constantly set while the momz is above or below the checked value.

Last edited:
Hey, this is pretty neat. As a beginner coder, maybe you can teach me a thing or two about lua scripts and packing lua scripts into pk3s?

Funny thing is, I'm still just a novice myself. I've had to teach myself lua by poking and taking apart mods with the "Re-Useable Content" tag.
Iv'e tried to rely on the wiki as well, but that's been out dated for well over a year now so it only Somewhat helps (mostly for double checking small things here and there).

As for packing into pk3s, I use the SLADE tool, there are a few tutorials on that to get started. (if i could remember where specifically, I would link some)

---------- Post added at 07:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:01 PM ----------

I love this! My only nitpick is that the falling/spinning frames animate way too fast compared to the characters' speed, and I'm unsure of what's making that happen and of how to fix it.

also hope that you're okay with me fiddling with it

EDIT: Actually I think they animate so quickly because the states are being constantly set while the momz is above or below the checked value.

Yeah.. I'm still new to this, and don't fully understand SOCs yet, so a rough workaround was pretty-much the best I could do.
And yes you can fiddle with it, thats one of the best ways I find to learn code, so as a sort of a.. "teaching aid" (I guess) I've labeled it 'Re-Useable Content'.

Is there any way to Disable that trail that shows when sonic thok's?, i disabled the Thok Re-Curl on your script but..idk

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back