• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Team Prismatic (Mystic Realm: Community Edition)

What's that second file with an all-uppercase filename?

It's "Mystic Realm: Community Edition for Servers". Yeah, a mouthful, I know. It's the entire MRCE level lineup, but without any of the fancy HUD or gameplay modifications (rebound dash, momentum, etc). It's used for server hosting or for those who want a more vanilla experience, though I recommend the first file as it is the full intended experience.

It's "Mystic Realm: Community Edition for Servers". Yeah, a mouthful, I know. It's the entire MRCE level lineup, but without any of the fancy HUD or gameplay modifications (rebound dash, momentum, etc). It's used for server hosting or for those who want a more vanilla experience, though I recommend the first file as it is the full intended experience.

I love the custom HUD but I absolutely despise that Momentum thing. What should I do? :0

oorrrrrr you could just download the latest build right here!

unknown.png

Finally fixed SPZ3 boss, yey

Attachments

• SL_MysticRealmCE-v0.0.10.pk3
    16.2 MB · Views: 288
  • MRCEFS-v0.0.10.pk3
    15.7 MB · Views: 208
Last edited:
Here is the github with the whole level pack. Download as zip, extract it, and then run the 'create pk3' batch file.

Or, alternatively, you can join the Discord and download the latest compilation from the #compilations channel.

If only you could make Doom/Quake archives with an archive manager. :(

Just a little question.
Are HUD change forced ? It seems they are and that annoying(and not that great).

Last edited:
It is in the latest version. But we know that's an issue already. The next version to roll out is going to have a ChrispyChars/SMS styled preference menu, in which you can toggle the HUD changes and physics changes and such.

A small change of scenery. A lot of changes have been done to Jade Coast. In fact, it feels like we've done a lot of changes to consider this zone to be at its perfection. Right now, we're in need of opinions for custom textures. Let us know what you think and feel free to have suggestions!

This:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Or:
attachment.php

Attachments

• srb20450.png
    srb20450.png
    218.7 KB · Views: 1,576
  • srb20451.png
    srb20451.png
    219 KB · Views: 1,541
  • srb20443.png
    srb20443.png
    182.2 KB · Views: 1,626
Last edited:
A small change of scenery. A lot of changes have been done to Jade Coast. In fact, it feels like we've done a lot of changes to consider this zone to be at its perfection. Right now, we're in need of opinions for custom textures. Let us know what you think and feel free to have suggestions!

This:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Or:
attachment.php

oh my fucking god that looks diffrent lol

Right now, we're in need of opinions for custom textures. Let us know what you think and feel free to have suggestions!

This:
attachment.php

Ask for criticism and you shall receive. Overall everything in this first image looks pretty much fine, though perhaps the browns blend together in a way that's just a tad ugly when seen from a distance, and the vast difference in size of the squares on the walls looks a bit unnatural, especially where the different sizes touch. It's not entirely a problem though, as the size difference helps to contrast the walls enough to tell them apart from each other at a glance. Honestly, I can't really think of a way to improve on this, and it looks great aside from those minor nitpicks I mentioned.

Everything in this image looks fantastic aside from that one diagonal section where it almost looks like something took a slice out of the mountain on the upper left. Perhaps the difference in texture in that spot might have been to increase the contrast so as to make this spot more visible? Personally however, I think it would probably look better using the same texture as the rest of that wall.

Or:

Jade Cake Zone. Jokes aside, there's something more sandy feeling about these wall textures, it definitely feels more beach-like than the more mountainy feel I get from the textures in the other two images. I quite like it, though I feel it would be better if used in more moderation rather than covering huge walls with it like the big curved one in the back with the arch. Perhaps that wall would look better with the more rocky looking texture such as seen in the larger walls in the first two images? I do like how the lines in this texture give a nice sense to the shape of the walls, though.

Is there a problem with the beta download or something? Seems broken to me, I just need a reason pretty much.

It is in the latest version. But we know that's an issue already. The next version to roll out is going to have a ChrispyChars/SMS styled preference menu, in which you can toggle the HUD changes and physics changes and such.

I mean unless if you are implying that no more releases are happening until 0.1.0 then that is false. It will not be coming so soon.

Oh I thought you were making that specifically for 0.1.0. Apologies.

Woah, that section looks terrifying! Although fun with enough practice.
I'm going to guess that's a rework of Nitric Citadel?
From what the .gif is showing, it looks like the Rebound Dash will be mandatory for that as Sonic solo, yeah? Or is the section not really complete?
I was under the impression you'd be able to toggle stuff like the modifications from the Styles mod. Is that not a thing anymore?
(Sorry, I'm too timid to join the Discord server, so if those kind of tidbits are being mentioned there, I'm not aware of them).

From what the .gif is showing, it looks like the Rebound Dash will be mandatory for that as Sonic solo, yeah? Or is the section not really complete?
I was under the impression you'd be able to toggle stuff like the modifications from the Styles mod. Is that not a thing anymore?
(Sorry, I'm too timid to join the Discord server, so if those kind of tidbits are being mentioned there, I'm not aware of them).

Firstly, that's actually Sunken Plant 1.
Secondly, we have plans to have an Options Menu with all the major gameplay changing stuff, primarly just for mod and dedicated server support.

that is a secret path in Sunken Plant Zone 1
its more challenging but hides some good rewards
and yes, the rebound dash is required for the path, but the path can be completely skipped either way

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back