SRB2JTE Error, Unknown cause

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceKGreen

Neon Knight
I've looked through the wiki, and the FAQ here on the forum, and I have yet to find the answer to this...

I have been a fan of SRB2 ever since I got it, and like to mess around. Yesterday, I was playing SRB2JTE, messing around with bots and the like. Today, I downloaded and installed Botanic Serenity, and played through it. I then decided to go back to SRB2JTE.

However, it didn't start. The "Sonic Team Jr. Presents" screen pops up, then everything goes black. After a while, a window pops up saying "srb2JTE.exe has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience." It was working fine yesterday. I tried reinstalling first the mod, then the entire game. Still didn't work. I installed the game to a new folder (making sure all the files were in the right place) and it still didn't work.

The closest I got to a proper error message (I can't fully remember it) said something about something being set to cooperative while already being set to exclusive.

Does anybody know what I could do in order to enjoy this excellent mod again?

Don't click anything when set cooperative level thing comes up just click JTE on the tool bar and it should work.

I get that same error. I believe it's a problem with the way JTE was made. I'm not sure, but I think it's been said somewhere.

Try playing in OpenGL, as in SRB2JTE there are many bugs that only happen in Software, relating to the supervirus. If you can't use OpenGL, then play normal SRB2 for a while, then go back to JTE. It should work then, although it's better to just go in OpenGL.

Okay, thank you for the suggestions.

Although I risk sounding like a huge n00b... how exactly do you start in OpenGL? I'm not familiar with it at all, and I seem to have missed it after reading through the documentation.

SpaceKGreen said:
Okay, thank you for the suggestions.

Although I risk sounding like a huge n00b... how exactly do you start in OpenGL? I'm not familiar with it at all, and I seem to have missed it after reading through the documentation.
Asking a question doesn't make you sound like a n00b. Anyways, go to notepad, and put this in:
Code:
srb2JTE.exe -opengl
Then, when you save it, save it in your srb2 directory, and there will be a dropdown box next to the words "Save as type". Press the down arrow on it, and pick "All files". Then, save the file as
Code:
<insertnamehere>.BAT

Then, doubleclick it. A black box should appear, and openGL will start. Don't be scared of any static or anything, it's normal in SRB2JTE.

Orangelink said:
Try playing in OpenGL, as in SRB2JTE there are many bugs that only happen in Software, relating to the supervirus. If you can't use OpenGL, then play normal SRB2 for a while, then go back to JTE. It should work then, although it's better to just go in OpenGL.
wait, if someone has felt SRBwJTE is better then the normal SRB2 then he should just find a soulotion.

Not so supervirus said:
Orangelink said:
wait, if someone has felt SRBwJTE is better then the normal SRB2 then he should just find a soulotion.

You have your opinion, I have mine. I find that bots are fun to mess with.

Anyways, thanks for the help, everyone. It's working again. Playing through normal SRB2 seems to have worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back