[SUGOI 2] Oh My God! It's Joseph Joestar In SUBARASHII: X-Mas Mode In July

X6HsESz.png

CzzjLdM.png

...Nope, nothing at all.

To be fair, the only reason there was a lot of Christmas levels was because Salt started the editing thread for SUBARASHII around the month of December and they also gave out 2.2 XMAS Textures to use too.

I haven't finished this yet, but so far my biggest issue with this pack stems from the number of slope-based structures that appear to have been designed based on how the mappers thought SRB2's slope physics should work rather than how they actually do work. The first level in the pack has a broken slope gimmick about 5 seconds in (the mapper seems to have expected that you'd keep traveling up when the slopes transition to a wall, but you don't and you just fall). Glaber's winter level (I forgot the name, sorry) seems to mostly not have this problem, though.

To be fair, the only reason there was a lot of Christmas levels was because Salt started the editing thread for SUBARASHII around the month of December and they also gave out 2.2 XMAS Textures to use too.

Oh, yeah, I figured when I looked at the original thread's date. It wasn't bad, was just something I saw that I think SUGOI did better.

I haven't finished this yet, but so far my biggest issue with this pack stems from the number of slope-based structures that appear to have been designed based on how the mappers thought SRB2's slope physics should work rather than how they actually do work. The first level in the pack has a broken slope gimmick about 5 seconds in (the mapper seems to have expected that you'd keep traveling up when the slopes transition to a wall, but you don't and you just fall). Glaber's winter level (I forgot the name, sorry) seems to mostly not have this problem, though.

Forgot about that. That was an issue in SUGOI as well, actually, though I think overall it wasn't as frequent as it was in there. I actually decided not to mess with slopes for a long time because I thought they didn't actually work...

You're supposed to roll up the slope and then jump up using the added height due to the angle of the slope

v1.1 Changelog:
  • Added sugoi_autosave for PlusC users. This makes the game save/load your IO save automatically in the hub. Enabled by default; if you prefer the old method of manually saving with sugoi_save and sugoi_load, you can turn this off.
  • Added support for saving bought items in IO saves.
  • Steaming Towers Zone's fifth emblem hint was made more helpful, at the request of the author.
  • Tropical Island's sound effects are now restricted to only being heard by the player it comes from, preventing ear-bleed in multiplayer.
  • Fixed Tropical Island having issues over occasionally failing to give you the emerald if you were playing as Sonic & Tails.
  • Fixed the issue where the HUD message in Shade Mountain Zone that tells the player to hold Jump to go faster not appearing. I apologize profusely for whatever player experiences I might have ruined by messing that up.
  • The secret path was missing a few bug fixes that were supposed to be included in v1.0. This has been corrected.
  • Attempted to fix the infamous credits bug. I couldn't recreate this one no matter how hard I tried, so if it's still happens then WELP.
  • Fixed a few issues related to playing Marathon Mode online.
  • Fixed some minor shop item description typos.
  • Fixed IO saves incorrectly loading your saved Chaos Emeralds.
  • Added title screen demos.

I apologize for being unable to fix the issue where Chaos Emeralds will not be saved in the hub. The game should save them in theory, but it's the result of an EXE issue that will take restructuring every single level's position to hack around. All I can do is urge you to play another level before quitting, or to use SRB2 PlusC's IO save features.

Last edited:
If there's one thing this level pack has taught me, it's that I do not know how to play minesweeper.

If there's one thing this level pack has taught me, it's that I do not know how to play minesweeper.

I've never known how to play minesweeper.
Oh boy, can't wait to get to that stage....
yippee...

EDIT: Minesweeper can go fuck itself

Last edited:
How can you have problems with the minesweeper map...? It was freaking easy!

Odds are you just got lucky that one time, unless you've played a lot of Minesweeper before - and even then, you were lucky enough to avoid digging up any mines before you gathered the information necessary to even theoretically avoid them all with certainty.

so i just finished the game (not 100%, that's hard crap) and i gotta say i'm impressed so far, i had fun completing the maps, but for the life of me i couldn't understand Highly Responsive to Hedgehogs a lot.

can HMS123311 actually be found? if so, where? i really don't want to waste a lot of time trying to find him.
I also found it funny that Ristar was the True Final Boss.

Last edited:
kv1bkdw.gif

You can't move after finishing the stage but you can still jump and use your abilities which can softlock players like Sonic as you can't turn around.

Odds are you just got lucky that one time, unless you've played a lot of Minesweeper before - and even then, you were lucky enough to avoid digging up any mines before you gathered the information necessary to even theoretically avoid them all with certainty.

Except I do play minesweeper a lot. And I knew exactly where all the mines were with ease.

kv1bkdw.gif

You can't move after finishing the stage but you can still jump and use your abilities which can softlock players like Sonic as you can't turn around.

Try setting chasecam to off.
That'll force you back to tank controls and you can turn around and get back.
Or, just try not to thok at the end of the stage.

Try setting chasecam to off.
That'll force you back to tank controls and you can turn around and get back.
Or, just try not to thok at the end of the stage.

I know it's easier to just shrug off bugs, but if it's not the intended behavior it's better to fix them than to just have the player try and work around them.

Autosaving appears to be broken. Got this Lua error after beating Green Flowers 1 and returning to the hub. And nothing shows up in my luafiles folder after.
Code:
WARNING: scr_subarashii_v1-1.wad|LUA_UGUU:1686: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

Last edited:
Autosaving appears to be broken. Got this Lua error after beating Green Flowers 1 and returning to the hub. And nothing shows up in my luafiles folder after.
Code:
WARNING: scr_subarashii_v1-1.wad|LUA_UGUU:1686: attempt to index local 'file' (a nil value)

I found out why, auto save doesn't automatically CREATE the files. So you have to disable auto save, save manually, then enable auto save again for it to work.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back