• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Easiest thing to create for SRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
But if the map straight up sucks, and you tell them that it straight up sucks, then you're just being honest!
honesty>being unjustly nice

Point is... don't lie through your teeth period. Criticism exists for reasons, and with over 100 users replying that said map, character, or Picture is good, there will always be that #1 which will be brutally honest with you and say "This sucks". Sure, there will always be those who are outrageously abrupt with their reasons, but this is something that needs to be endured by the creator and absorbed so they won't make the same mistake again.

Put it this way... You make a pizza but it turns out burnt on 30% of it's surface. The Sauce has no flavor and the crust is as hard as a rock. Your friends look at the pizza; 2 of them grimacing from the very site of it. Sure they're being respectful to you by trying it, but once they taste it, are they going to be nice and say "this is the best damn pizza I ever ate"?

Last edited:
But if the map straight up sucks, and you tell them that it straight up sucks, then you're just being honest!
honesty>being unjustly nice

Yeah, but you can say that in a nice way too.

If I don't like a map, I'd say I don't like it (Ok, I admit, I'd probably say, "I hate this level" every time I play it) and point out why.

Sometimes I go too far though and complain constantly about the issues.

If I don't like a map, I'd say I don't like it (Ok, I admit, I'd probably say, "I hate this level" every time I play it) and point out why.
Yeah, that's what everybody else should be doing and what everybody else in this thread advocated all the time. If a map sucks, say that it sucks and point out flaws.

Let me give my two cents here. If it weren't for a bazillion people telling me that Tortured Planet sucked, I would never have known what to do to make it better. Admittedly, that wasn't all that made it better--some of it can be attributed to personal flashes of insight or repeating elements people seemed to like--but the vast majority of Tortured Planet's improvement came from unbridled, merciless criticism. As long as you can take the criticism and actually do something with it, nothing could be more beneficial than someone telling you how much your level sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back