• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Carlos´s Spriting Ability

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please don't do sonic.exe man. That creepy pasta is so bad and there is nothing scary or interesting about it. Stop feeding the flames.

Other then that, would be pretty interesting to have a jumpscare mod.

But it would be great if it was redone in a better way .

If you're planning to develop a scary map, can I suggest a few ideas? If you are making a map of this type, I would suggest stripping Sonic of his thok and speed (if you really want to) for immersion. Secondly, I wouldn't go the whole way through of making these maps just jumpscares. Try to be creative on how you want the player to feel afraid throughout the whole level. Jumpscares are good once or twice with moderation but honestly, it just feels like a cop out to scare the player.

latest

latest

Love to see you put in Boos and Boom Boos from Sonic Adventure 2.

latest

Or heck, even put King Boom Boo in as a boss.

And just remember, all video game creepypastas, 99% of them will always use the same form of cliche and never will be scary but hilariously bad. Avoid the use of blood too.

Last edited:
But it would be great if it was redone in a better way .

Uh... if you're referring to the Sonic.EXE sprite, then no, no it wouldn't. There are literally zero redeeming qualities about that meme. Honestly people who like that creepypasta/character really need to reconsider what's going on in their heads.

Like I'm all for jumpscares and whatnot. It's cool to see something new to srb2 that hasn't been done before (no I'm not counting that stupid ass forest wad as the first jumpscare) but I'd rather not see it involve Sonic.EXE... or anything for that matter.

I'm sensing a new horror map for SRB2. The Mansion and SonicCorp by SkorneDemon was the last two. But on topic, Would be pretty sweet to finally have a SRB2 horror map.

Last edited:
Implementing jumps cares was just an idea. You could add it in but it's really cheap

I honestly don't like jump scares. The only one I played was trycityhless which was great and cool in its concept.

I really do agree with removing to tonk because that will make it really fun.

Oh and a cool idea would be adding...

TRAPS! But don't litter the map with traps because people would like the cheapness.

Now. Sonic.exe is really worn out and I generally think that a horror map with him it would be cool since no one has done it before

Yes, I know sonic.exe is a really crap creepypasta. But hey its a good placeholder for now.

I think that I have to do a copy of the principal characters of SRB2, why i do this? Because as the mod of themansion of the version 1.09.4, all the characters have a minor speed and do not use the animation of running, I think that they use it in all the mods of terror in srb2.

I think that I have to do a copy of the principal characters of SRB2, why i do this? Because as the mod of themansion of the version 1.09.4, all the characters have a minor speed and do not use the animation of running, I think that they use it in all the mods of terror in srb2.

You could just use Lua to set their movement speed so that they never reach their run speed.

As much as I love horror maps and would try to find time to play again if some came out, I would like to sway you in the direction of atmospheric horror rather than "Oh fuck, this loud, clearly visible thing is chasing me!" House was on the right track, but felt too short. I would suggest ever so slightly manipulating the level over time and then eventually introducing some kind of threat. Perhaps randomized events like Sonic Corp would work. I'd also focus a lot on aesthetics, since they can make or break the eerie vibe you're trying to establish.

My personal suggestion is to create a first-person experience with much slower move speed, almost like P.T. or Outlast. I could maybe provide the Lua for this if you're interested.

Keep this up! I'm interested to see where it goes.

Last edited:
Man , thanks for the support and opinions you have given me , but the trouble is that i work alone , this page does not allow for help to make the map , I do not know how to do Luas , and I said in this thread , i know , someone have told me to look on SRB2 wiki , but the truth is i cant understand , many commands, and that confuses me. I think this map will not be interesting without LUAS, just a simple map with enemies.

Carlos Spriting Ability thread backs again! Haunted House will be canceled for now. Now i will work in a new map called "Rp Big City", thats for players who wants roleplay in the servers, so here are the screenshots:

IDpleYO.png

rUURSCS.png

brKWBZ9.png

JYdc0bb.png

1Kj7YNI.png

r4gNw9d.png

DvexgTK.png

QiE7F0F.png

YSCcVPZ.png

kw4n8OC.png

XC6BQPZ.png

kBuKznh.png

Omg dat large post XD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back