clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
Egg Robo (also known as "Eggman Robo" in Japan), debuted in Sonic & Knuckles as a major antagonist, and has also made appearances in Sonic R and Sonic Generations. Now the flying robo brings his skills into SRB2, zapping everything in his path with his trusty laser pistol.

attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

This character is compatible with SRB2 Battle.

Egg Robo sprited by toaster and DrTapeworm, edited by CobaltBW.
Egg Robo gun and laser sprited by SuperPhanto.
Egg Robo character select art traced and colored by CobaltBW, off of Sonic & Knuckles manual art.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20099.gif
    srb20099.gif
    6.5 MB · Views: 33,604
  • srb20113.gif
    srb20113.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 32,686
  • srb20109.gif
    srb20109.gif
    4.6 MB · Views: 33,808
  • srb20115.gif
    srb20115.gif
    344.1 KB · Views: 35,353
  • eggroboportraitlarge.png
    eggroboportraitlarge.png
    5 KB · Views: 47,157
Last edited by a moderator:
It's him, the legend, the Egg Robo. All he's missing now is waving a #1 foam glove in the end of level signpost art.

This is actually pretty rad though, flying over most of the game and shooting lasers on the way was fun. I also got a chuckle at how Egg Robos laser script still works even when you're in a minecart, so I was shooting barrels out of the way instead of avoiding them.

It's him, the legend, the Egg Robo. All he's missing now is waving a #1 foam glove in the end of level signpost art.
I actually considered this, but the reason I didn't go for it is because I see Egg Robos more as drones, only doing things because they are ordered to by Dr. Eggman; them waving the foam finger is more indicative of Eggman's narcissism than it is of Egg Robo's autonomy.

loved this

love this, its amazing ,its egg-robo. he's back
Also you should add a super form that stands on the ground with custom 1

Last edited:
I am so glad to have helped with this. My version of the character just spiraled out of control in terms of ambition. I think this is a better fit for the character than what I was coming up with. Seriously, my wad was going to have an electric barrier attack, the Sonic Adventure 2 health bar, free-aim lasers that pierced enemies, and the Heavy Gunner as his super form, with a completely different move set. I think that the way this is executed is much more balanced, not to mention more fun, due to it's simplicity.

my only flaw is that this is kinda lazy in terms of sprites maybe you could add a walk cycle of some sort like in sonic r?

This is pretty fun, honestly- it also does something rare and makes some of the boss fights more difficult due to the way you have to approach it. While platforming is basically nonexistent, it was such a thrill to race Metal Sonic with Egg Robo- I swear, even when I did near-perfect he still passed me in the final part of the race...

I am so glad to have helped with this. My version of the character just spiraled out of control in terms of ambition. I think this is a better fit for the character than what I was coming up with. Seriously, my wad was going to have an electric barrier attack, the Sonic Adventure 2 health bar, free-aim lasers that pierced enemies, and the Heavy Gunner as his super form, with a completely different move set. I think that the way this is executed is much more balanced, not to mention more fun, due to it's simplicity.

The only thing I'm sad about reading from is that Heavy Gunner Super Form part. I really dig the idea and hope we get the heavies in someday, somehow.

There's a bug of the player skin on multiplayer when your Eggrobo then you want to switch to sonic it does not do it you have to type suicide on the console then stay dead then you can switch to sonic! (that was an example of the bug)

Adding Eggrobo and Battle Mod at the same time gives him the ability to use his Battle Mod bomb throw in single player. He also throws up a Lua error when he dies in SP in these circumstances.

Just adding Battlemod as a whole lets you use any character's battle abilities in single player.

Shout out to this mod, lowkey one of my favorites. The shooting/hovering really changes how you approach the levels/enemies in a way that's very fun and unique and different from the other characters. Robo is kind of the perfect blend between the Eggman mod and Fang and quite possibly my favorite character outside of STK.

Well done, Egg Robo modders!

I don't like playing this mod on its own, but it works wonderfully with the Character Randomizer. Getting a limited time to abuse Egg Robo's infinite flight makes the character much more interesting.

EggRobo should have some hover toggle
With the Jump button, you could activate the hovering, and holding Jump and pressing Spin would put him on ground

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back