Has Sonic Team Jr set up the introduction of a new character?

Nightmare

The Guardian Of Order
While Looking through sonic games of the 90s I found Sonic Drift 2 I checked it out and found the characters to oddly resemble srb2's playable characters. It Kinda Feels like this would be the playable amount of characters next complete update. It seems that they might actually add Eggman to the character select. How would he be Unlocked? And How would he play? Like eggpack or would he be in some machine?

Attachments

• sonic-drift-2-05.png
    sonic-drift-2-05.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 634
Last edited:
As plenty of threads have discussed, six playable characters is an enormous amount to juggle, and adding a seventh really won't benefit the game much at all. Additional playable characters are definitely best left to mods.

As plenty of threads have discussed, six playable characters is an enormous amount to juggle, and adding a seventh really won't benefit the game much at all. Additional playable characters are definitely best left to mods.

I don't really buy it. The same argument was made when there were only 3 playable characters. Additionally, nothing in the game is designed with Metal Sonic in mind, yet he's a playable character anyway.

I wouldn't mind one final bonus playable character that had an unlock condition separate from just playing the campaign normally. Maybe for beating all of the Challenge Levels or something.

The relationship to Drift 2 was noted multiple times in development, but I can say that the prevailing mood was that we completed it by having Eggman be the antagonist, rather than thinking we'd fallen short. It's not completely impossible, but I would personally bet against it.

Honestly I think Eggpack would work really well as a part of the official lineup, though he would need to have certain references removed. Eggman probably isn't actually able to absorb the energy of the emeralds himself, so his super form would probably need to be replaced with the Eggmobile or another one of his mechs, or something like a robot suit.

While Looking through sonic games of the 90s I found Sonic Drift 2 I checked it out and found the characters to oddly resemble srb2's playable characters. It Kinda Feels like this would be the playable amount of characters next complete update. It seems that they might actually add Eggman to the character select. How would he be Unlocked? And How would he play? Like eggpack or would he be in some machine?

they never said how to unlock big nor did they say when charmy would be complete

I agree that a large number of characters and the truth can break the game, but I would like there to be characters that will not change the gameplay so drastically (Fang, Amy).

̶y̶e̶s̶ ̶i̶ ̶w̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶R̶a̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶M̶i̶g̶h̶t̶y̶

Honestly I think Eggpack would work really well as a part of the official lineup, though he would need to have certain references removed. Eggman probably isn't actually able to absorb the energy of the emeralds himself, so his super form would probably need to be replaced with the Eggmobile or another one of his mechs, or something like a robot suit.

What makes Eggman distinct as a character is all of the crazy machines he builds for himself. So, I think if we were to ever add him, he would always be in one of his eggmobiles, or at least a significant portion of the time.

That being said, I think it's pretty unlikely that we would add Eggman, or even a seventh generally speaking. One of the reasons for this is that we already have six characters which we're struggling to design the game around, and the extra design work necessary for Eggman isn't really worth it. FWIW, I also think Fang has the potential of checking a lot of the boxes that people would have expected from Eggman's playstyle, and I think we'd like to avoid overlap between character playstyles wherever possible.

Last edited:
I think his "Super form" would be Brak if Sonic Team Junior were to add him in, and that's a big "if."

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back