GXP3000

Alligator in the North
Warning!
A character in this contains sound-bytes which includes vulgar words that may be too much for a few people and loud sounds.

attachment.php

Introducing... "F"Sonic!

Now you might be wondering why the "F" is in quotes? Well, that's due to this not actually being 100% FSonic. In fact, the "F" actually stands for "Flying" as in Flying Sonic. Yes, I do know that FlyingFlare does exist, but this isn't supposed to be Flare. It's just a "normal" Sonic that is able to fly on his own. That being said, what does he do that differentiates him from FlyingFlare?

attachment.php

He runs at speeds that only a few hedgehogs can dream of!

With the power of manifesting speed like no other, Flying Sonic is able to climb up in the speed department in just seconds compared to any other characters! Now this may seem broken at first, but trust me... it is. Not only will he gain ridiculous speeds by just running, but...

attachment.php

He can reach crazier speeds by just rolling on the ground!

That's right, even rolling on the ground will cause you to gain speed almost instantaneously! It's actually even faster to roll than to run. What's better is that he can carry that momentum when he..

attachment.php

Flies across the stages like it's nothing!

Though, there's a drawback to when he gets tired. You see, Sonic can't actually get tired since he's quite literally putting his all into his flight, so he ends up falling like the oblivious hedgehog that he is. There is an example below that displays what I explained. At the very least, he landed on his feet.

attachment.php

Alas, that seems to be all for the abilities that he contains, but there is one thing he is also capable of doing. With the push of a button, you are able to "taunt" with what button you've configured to CUSTOM3. It doesn't really change up the gameplay, though it allows you to mess around with friends and such. Even if you don't press CUSTOM3, he still has an assortment of sounds that go with jump, spindash, pain, death, and even finishing the level! It is recommended that you play with captions on.

He does have a super form, but I think it would be better if you were to see for yourself instead of me spoiling it. I should also mention that his super music does not replace the in-game super music.

...Oh right, this is a double pack so there has to be another character, right? Well, prepare yourself as...

attachment.php

...FSonic speeds his way in!

Yeah I know that he uses the same CSS art as Flying Sonic, but FSonic was initially a last minute inclusion. Anyway, what can he do?

attachment.php

Dash Mode

Of course this ability was going to come back, but it's exactly like the old one that he had in the past version of SRB2. That even includes the speed-based thok that he had. Of course that also means you'll have a hard time controlling him if you're going at max speed.

attachment.php

Insta-Shield

This ability was also guaranteed to be back. Heck, it even got a port all by itself! Anyway, it allows you to avoid trouble when near by a few frames if there's any around you. It's extended hitbox allows you to hurt enemies easier.
Link to Insta-Shield:https://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=46088

Now we can't have FSonic without his..

attachment.php

Super Form

He has his intended super form as he should. It disables his dash mode and insta-shield to trade it for the powerful ability to be killed by nothing! (Excluding death pits and crushers.) He is even able to float with spin. Don't worry about super music being replaced and such. FSonic uses the default super music.

attachment.php

NiGHTS

One last thing, he does have his own NiGHTS sprites. With how rotsprite now exists, he no longer needs over a few hundred frames just dedicated to it.

Credits

MotorRoach: For allowing me to port and use FSonic's sprites for Flying Sonic.
Jimita: For coding in the initial momentum lua all the way back in January 2019.
DirkTheHusky: For creating the flight sprites and porting over the lua scripts for FSonic.
TrickyTex: For helping out with coding in the sounds that correspond to the Flying Sonic's actions.
Snu: For coding in the taunts.
Ikkarou Tatsuru: For helping out with coding assistance.
Potatosack: For the music coding.
The past coders of FSonic: For coding in his initial lua.

Flying-v1 and FSonic-v2 Changes
1. Initial release date

FSonic-v2.1 Changes (3/9/2020)
1. "F"ixed conflicts with VL_Revi-v4.pk3 through the dumbest means.

FlyingSonic-v2 Changes (5/12/2020)
1. Fast
2. Goku added (as a taunt).

FSonic-v2.2 and Flying-v2.1 Changes (6/21/2020)
1. Battle Mod support added to both. (FSonic has usual Sonic stuff while Flying is more or less modified a little)
2. Updated a singular taunt. (Taunt can autofinish a level)
3. Flying icon now different.
4. Mario has logged in.

FSonic-v2.3 and Flying-v2.3 Changes (12/4/2020)
1. FSonic updated to a later version of insta-shield while also having his Battle Mod compatibility reinstated. (Thanks to marioluigi751)
2. Flying battle support removed.
3. Flying bugfix with autolevelexit taunt to where it shouldn't desynch anymore due to wrong setup.
4. Flying moved up to v2.3 just for consistency.

Supporters / CoAuthors

Attachments

• srb20176.png
    srb20176.png
    28.6 KB · Views: 1,989
  • srb20262.gif
    srb20262.gif
    5.3 MB · Views: 55,820
  • srb20270.gif
    srb20270.gif
    4.5 MB · Views: 55,135
  • srb20281.gif
    srb20281.gif
    7.5 MB · Views: 55,318
  • srb20282.gif
    srb20282.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 55,040
  • srb20171.png
    srb20171.png
    27.3 KB · Views: 1,461
  • srb20283.gif
    srb20283.gif
    7.6 MB · Views: 53,860
  • srb20287.gif
    srb20287.gif
    4.8 MB · Views: 52,358
  • srb20289.gif
    srb20289.gif
    1.2 MB · Views: 49,260
  • srb20288.gif
    srb20288.gif
    7.1 MB · Views: 48,489
  • FSonicFullPic.png
    FSonicFullPic.png
    13.1 KB · Views: 63,965
  • CL_FlyingSonic-v2.3.pk3
    2.3 MB · Views: 3,342
  • CL_FSonic-v2.3.pk3
    365.3 KB · Views: 4,203
Last edited by a moderator:
I think it would be cool if you had a third option, Proto Sonic, which would have the same abilities as vanilla Sonic, as this fellow right here was meant for vanilla 2.2.

What does the F stands for?

Sue, I'm sueing your for stealing the idea for my original character Flare that I stole from somebody else, I'll see you in court

Now, jokes aside, this looks pretty good
I'm pretty happy to see that even joke wads are getting actual effort put into them, and this is a very nice character to add to the "list of well-made joke wads"

Also, the inclusion of the ""original" FSonic as a character is pretty cool, just like I did with Flare

I hope to see more of this in the future, this is gold
2.2 Modding scene looks great so far.

I think it would be cool if you had a third option, Proto Sonic, which would have the same abilities as vanilla Sonic, as this fellow right here was meant for vanilla 2.2.

I could do that, but then I would become a pair of boots within the night of trying to do so.

Maybe an option to disable the cussing on whichever one has it could be a good change

Maybe an option to disable the cussing on whichever one has it could be a good change

If I had the option to, I don't think I'd even include something like that in the first place. Sorta ruins the vibe I was trying to go with.

I feel stupid for asking what a "pair of boots within the night" means, lmao.

It just means that MotorRoach would end my existence in anyway possible. Lol

Glad to be a part of this trainwreck of a mod. (In a good way, of course.) Nice to finally see a release!

I seriously recommend you put an epilepsy warning for this mod, because Flying Sonic's acceleration can lead to flashing screens extremely easily. I ran between two sets of red springs in Techno Hill Zone Act 1 and within 20 seconds there was a significant amount of screen flashing.

I seriously recommend you put an epilepsy warning for this mod, because Flying Sonic's acceleration can lead to flashing screens extremely easily. I ran between two sets of red springs in Techno Hill Zone Act 1 and within 20 seconds there was a significant amount of screen flashing.

I know this might sound sorta insulting, but did you ever consider not holding forward? Flying only gains acceleration when he's holding forward, backwards, strafing left, and strafing right. Even then, letting go of the press has your speed reset to whatever speed the spring naturally pushes you at once you come in contact with a spring when you're rolling or even running.

Last edited:
If I had the option to, I don't think I'd even include something like that in the first place. Sorta ruins the vibe I was trying to go for

welp guess i'll have to play with my speakers way down so mom doesn't hear 'snoc cussing

I found a bug involving the Insta-Shield for FSonic. When I used it, FSonic's sprites briefly flashed similar to how Metal Sonic's sprites flash when he goes into boost mode. But then FSonic stayed that brighter blue for the rest of the level. This happens consistently when I try to do the Insta-Shield. I don't know if it was because I'm using other mods in addition to this, or if it's because I'm on Mac, or because I'm still using 2.2.0, which technically is also because I'm on Mac, but I just wanted to point it out.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 1.03.25 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2020-03-09 at 1.03.25 PM.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 538
That looks like a mod conflict with my revised abilities script. Both mods add an instashield but FSonic's is a port of my unfinished 2.1 version while my 2.2 version has new effects and behavior. Note the difference between the two below.

attachment.php
attachment.php

As you can see, the new instashield's colorize flashing replaces the transparency flashing of the older version. There's probably a conflict occuring around there.

Attachments

• srb20001.gif
    srb20001.gif
    2.3 MB · Views: 24,025
  • srb20003.gif
    srb20003.gif
    3.4 MB · Views: 23,204
Last edited:
I didn't even know that the insta-shield was being ported by the original creator. My bad. Though the insta-shield that was used in the revised characters addon wasn't in the FSonic port. I remade the sprites while keeping the S3K vibes in them and removed the B states since I thought they weren't necessary. At this point, its better off to have the updated insta-shield script be used. Though anyone can use the insta-shield sprites that I made for this port for their own stuff.

I believe I have fixed the conflicting issues with VL_Revi-v4.pk3 by renaming most of the states and objects. Hopefully it shouldn't break or bug out now.

Wait, what? I was planning to do bring FSonic back too!

Oh, well. I'll let you get away with this, anyway. (It's a port, c'mon! Why would I even try to stop you?)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back