Air Bubble Patch can reset shield abilities

yfyfyfyfyfy

The dumbest man

Attachments

• srb20132.gif
    srb20132.gif
    6.6 MB · Views: 194
The Whirlwind Shield is special. You can use it with Spin while jumping, but you can also use it with Jump while falling (including running off ledges or bouncing on a spring).

After grabbing an air bubble, you fall, so the Whirlwind Shield can be used in that case; I don't think that air bubbles reset other shield abilities.

The Whirlwind Shield is special. You can use it with Spin while jumping, but you can also use it with Jump while falling (including running off ledges or bouncing on a spring).

After grabbing an air bubble, you fall, so the Whirlwind Shield can be used in that case; I don't think that air bubbles reset other shield abilities.
This is true. It's not an oddity with air bubbles, but with the whirlwind shield. If there's a patch of multiple air bubbles close together, it's in fact possible to "climb" the bubbles using a whirlwind shield to reach greater heights. This is how Sonic (and any character except possibly Knuckles?) can get the spade emblem in Azure Temple Zone.

It's a bug. However, it is so novel in thinking and hard to exploit that it shouldn't be fixed; the impact on regular gameplay is nil, and it's so time-consuming to pull off that it's as much a show of challenge as the original task the emblem was placed there for.

it is so novel in thinking and hard to exploit that it shouldn't be fixed
I don't think it's hard to exploit, it all depends on a map you're playing.
For example, in these niche situations, if bubbles are in right place by the time you come near them, it could be faster to go up like this than using general routes.

Attachments

• srb20047.gif
    srb20047.gif
    3.7 MB · Views: 169
  • srb20061.gif
    srb20061.gif
    5.2 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
okay, I admit that this bug is a trifle. and because you showed how it can be used, I now also want to make a moment on my level!

there will be a meme if it gets fixed.

I forgot to post this with the other gif. Could have another use but if you try to use slopes to go upwards in a way with ceiling springs, it can be tricky to do.
whirlwindshieldceilingspringpathway.gif

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back