• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Let's make a disgustingly big collab map in 24 HOURS - 24hrSRB2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guess my map's gonna be removed because of lag. Well, cant do nothin' bout it, just accept my defeat. I dont know if this is gonna be the last version because for some reason i couldnt manage to get a text lump that was supposed to say "kill all badniks to get acess to the bridge!" working properly as the sector that was supposed to activate it wasnt doing its job. Oh well, maybe sometime later i can actually make this work but, since i need to take a break from so much mapping and scripting, i'll leave to fix it other time than today. Also added a change SkyNum feature in case somehow they fix the lag and everything, but i dont have that much hope they can do this.

Atleast i was able to send it before the deadline ended, even tho i rushed the final part too hard

Ya boi Failur gettin' out

Attachments

• 4096x4096 Hiking Stuff - Failur.pk3
    38.6 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
another fix

I have forgotten to make an entrance, there were some visual glitches and some non solid fences.

Attachments

• notgreenhillfix3.rar
    22.3 KB · Views: 127
Dang!! Missed it! This is what I get for not checking the MB every day! Well, hopefully I'll make it next time, and hopefully there will be a little bit longer of a warning time! :)

I look forward to seeing the monstrosity you guys come up with. If I get a chance next time, I'd see to it that everyone got horribly, horribly lost in my section :P

A lot of people wanted to update their submissions, so I'll allow it... I really am being a bit too lenient, here.

Deadline for bugfixes is 5am EST. (8 hours from now) Please check the spreadsheet for feedback and potential issues - No need to update your map unless the rules were broken or there is a bolded issue on the spreadsheet.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1QsQM6lIwk12aKGBvDBEJZp6nh0AnkL-vqv2c9mKPfnA/edit#gid=0

Any bold text is considered an issue that I will allow you to fix. Please do not add significant extra content to your map, in order to be fair to those who finished on time.

Last edited:
Resubmitted with the fixes required to allow passage. Also fixed were some texture issues that got missed.

Attachments

• 24hourmap_glaber_fixed.zip
    6.8 KB · Views: 105
Removed the area that goes past the boundaries and extended the bridge to make the map possible.

Attachments

• notgreenhill fixedonceagain.rar
    24.5 KB · Views: 119
Resubmitting Fixes

Fixed softlock in the Reversed Gravity Room where you wouldn't die as Sonic and Amy when gravity being reversed, also prevent any potential map breaking plays when playing as Tails, Knuckles and Fang (You can go to the other section as those three when gravity being reversed, potentially Fang can get softlocked)

Attachments

• DEAD-fixed.zip
    42.6 KB · Views: 119
Bugfixed it. If there's more let me know.

Attachments

• 24hofbugfixedpain-ever.rar
    67.9 KB · Views: 119
Apparently my sound effects were completely gone when I purged unused textures, so I fixed that.
Also, added a gravity flipper at the entrance so you're not upside down if you want to backtrack to previous room.

Attachments

• raze24hr.rar
    174.8 KB · Views: 120
I confused with my sizes and I don't know how to put the entrances. So It's just a 4096x4096 box I guess

Attachments

• 2hrssrb2-Marcos-v1.1.7z
    5.5 KB · Views: 94
Small update:
- Accidentally forgot to set trigger sectors for the entrance/exit linedef executors... yeah
- Moved and removed a few ring monitors to prevent silly bounce skips
- Lowered entrance/exit slope borders to prevent silly spindash skips
- Tweaked some springs in the laser room
- Added some more one-sided linedefs to the center border (the segment shouldn't lag but it doesn't hurt to optimize!)

Attachments

• 24h_lach.zip
    27.3 KB · Views: 106
Since the pk3 is not working heres the wad in a zip file

Attachments

• literal 4096x4096 nightmare to that collab.zip
    38.4 KB · Views: 127
What happened to this? Are you working on getting all the maps into one thing, or did this project die?

What happened to this? Are you working on getting all the maps into one thing, or did this project die?

The maps are currently being merged by the organizers. It is going to take a while until it's in releasable format.

I've only really talked about the progress on discord, so that's my bad. We ran into various small technical problems - for example, the teleporter in one room just decided to stop working during the splicing process. There are lots of little issues like that which need to be fixed in various rooms. Please be patient!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back