SonicGL returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lightning_The_Hedgehog said:
It's true I checked the BOSSER Jerome's site and he's updating it! I can't wait to play SonicGL!!!
someone on the forum said:
Huh? Another (Cooler than Srb2...) fan made Sonic Game? Sonic GL ! this game looks Awesome!!! I want it when it's done. Adiós Srb2 cause Here comes Sonic Adventure GL!!!
Yea but no matter how cool it is how many of srb2's features can you do on Sonic GL hmm.....?

srb2 sucks lol

But in all seriousness, most 3D fan games don't last long due to copywright laws, and a lack of interest and development.

Copyright was never a real issue, Jerome was just scared out of it. A flood of emails reversed that fear of course.

Neway, before this turns into a bunch of nonsense of Sonic GL vs SRB2, I wanna remind you all that competition among fangames is impossible. We're all gonna be playing both of them, so there's no real issue.

@luis: I understand your skeptical, but mind you, no download link has been released. You can either just trust me, or not believe it at all. It's no big deal really. :)

Crappy forum that thinks everyone should register before they know whether they want to register or not said:
You do not have permission to view this topic
Someone copy-paste the relevant text. I really despise how so many forum admins think they they should force the user to register before I know if I care or not.

Mystic, there was one point in time where everybody could read it. You're just laet.

Also, to my knowledge, that forum admin was Draykon.

Believe it or not, I only did that to that particular section of the forum, a bit of passive aggression towards users only on the forum for the sake of the Sonic GL info. Just me being an ass. But oh well, here ya go:

The following images depict a shader developed for Sonic GL. The symbolic purpose of these images is as evidence for Sonic GL's continuation beyond a few email screenshots, and some MSN logs. I don't feel like shouting this to every major forum on the internet, so instead I'm just posting this topic on an obscure message board no one ever views, and linking to that individual topic in my SRB2MB signature.

without shader - http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/5106/shader0vv3.jpg
with shader - http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/2831/shaderce9.jpg

I'm posting them here so I can have access to them from any computer, should I need them. I am also emailing myself the MSN log, in case I need to quote it. But I don't wanna share the entire thing.

Oh, BTW, email screenshot as well:
lolsonicglxw5.png

It's funny 'cause you were expecting a rickroll.

Parallax mapping is fine for rocky textures, but grass? Come on, that looks absolutely ridiculous. And if your parallax-mapped texture is on a surface that reaches a hard edge without proper transition, it'll make the whole thing look like a cardboard cutout.

The proper way to do grass is by using lots of plane/volumetric (two planes placed perpendicular to form a cross) textures. This way you have individual strands popping up instead of making the entire landscape look like it has acne.

But on his website he wrote something like this:
I am canceling the Sonic GL making because Sega announced Sonic next-gen. And if I release a Sonic game ALMOST Like it they will shut down my site for sure.
Thats what I last read on his site. But that was a LONG time ago.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back