How long have you been on Srb2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
At 2013 I was trying to download SRB2. Then Softsonic had a free download of the "Latest version" but it was just the 2006 Final Demo.

Oh this brings me back.

I remember back in 2001, when 11 year old me was surfing sonic fangames HQ for a sonic game. I stumbled upon this and played it. I only ran through it a few times and stopped. ADHD took over and I went back to surfing SFHQ for more games.

Two years later, in 2003 I stumbled upon SRB2 via a google search for free multiplayer games. I re-downloaded it, named myself SSNWolf because I though the name SSNTails was badass, and joined a few games. I feel in love with the match mode and soon after I customized my controls to use the mouse for camera movement. Tails was my main back them and bomb rings were my primary go to weapon. After a while I just got bored of SRB2 and left again.

Fast forward to 1.09.4 when I was digging through my old files for a cleanup and stumbled on the old file/ I jumped on the site and updated the client. This was also when I found Mystic Realm and fell in love with the level pack. I spent the entire 2007 summer trying (and failing) to make maps and wads. Most on my 1.09.4 work will never see the light of day since I had to reformat it after a nasty virus hit it.

I gave SRB2 a break and went on to do other things. Finishing up high school and starting college. Around late 2010 i checked SRB2 out of curiosity and noticed it was in 2.0.6. I downloaded it, played through all of single player plus learned how to port forward and host Co-Op servers. Soon, due to college, I left once again to pursue my studies.

Now its 2015 and am still trying to find all the secrets to 2.1.14 while trying to figure out how to make maps again.

That was a nice walk down memory lane.

Also, yes I lurked alot back then, and yes I am Shadow The Fox. Lets kindly forget about that old forum ID.

Joined in at 2.1.8 till now About 1 year or so Altought i took a massive break (more like my computer broke) so i skiped 2.1.10's release

Joined in at 2.1.8 till now About 1 year or so Altought i took a massive break (more like my computer broke) so i skiped 2.1.10's release
Your join date says June, which could mean you just hadn't signed up yet but still.

Also I don't think there was a year between 2.1.8 and 2.1.10.

Your join date says June, which could mean you just hadn't signed up yet but still.

Also I don't think there was a year between 2.1.8 and 2.1.10.
This was made WAY after i joined srb2 also it just it just felt like a year because i didnt play srb2 after my computer broke

This was made WAY after i joined srb2 also it just it just felt like a year because i didnt play srb2 after my computer broke

But still it could be few months so why trying to make it a year or maybe you're from the future! *shot with rail* okay fine that don't happend...

I found out about SRB2 on YouTube back before 2.0.6 was released. It might have been back in 1.9.4. I remember going to the website during 2.0.5. I didn't play SRB2 back in the 1.9.4 days, because I thought SRB2 had a virus back in 2009-2012.

EDIT: I wished I had played SRB2 back in the 1.9.4 days.

Last edited:
Oh man, I think I first started playing SRB2 back in 2005-2006 during 1.09.4. Back when mods and wads were all over the place and Mystic Realm was probably the most popular mod (to my knowledge anyways). Eventually, my computer crashed and I lost track of it.

I've basically played just about every version since the old Halloween one, but I don't think I started till a few months before Demo 1 came out. So, I'm gonna guess that I've been around since summer-fall 2000. I remember thinking that this was the best thing since sliced bread, and got so hyped once Demo 2 came around. I still miss Demo 3 and that Megaman character. Being able to shoot freely like that was so fun. Ah, good times.

I didn't start playing online till somewhere around 2005-2006. (Joined the forums in late 06) I used to roleplay a lot in the servers back then, but eventually I fell out of online play a lot by 2007 or so. Didn't come back till maybe two or three years later, but even then my appearance on the servers is scarce. I still love to come back to this game every now and then; especially when there's something new in the releases.

now I feel incredibly old.

Last edited:
I've been playing SRB2 since somewhere in the middle of 2.0.6, maybe around 2011? I was one of those people who found it on YouTube first and only later searched it up (you can now blame Jood for me existing!) Most of my time was spent playing Single Player, but I would slowly get into the habit of joining an RP server and run around exploring it like an actual level as everyone else tried to fight off 'Darkness the Hedgefox.'

I felt like I got in at a good time where the quality of the game was slowly climbing upward and most of the modifications were also reaching that bar of effort. I could never go back to 2.0.x now though; I'm way too used to 2.1's changes to ever look back. Lua has really changed the way the game is played and modified for the better and I wouldn't want it any other way.

Well, i got SRB2 2.0.6 a few days atfer it came out, 2010 to be exact, it was really fun and i had the idea to host a server, so i got a bunch of friends. Bla bla bla stuff happened and now im writing this.

I was one of those people who found it on YouTube first and only later searched it up (you can now blame Jood for me existing!)
I only just noticed this, incredible. At least my dumb videos have made the world a better place.

Last edited:
Its been quite a long time since I played the game. I think I first joined around 2008 - 09. I remember finding and playing this at the beginning of high school onward. I feel old now reminiscing myself hosting servers and playing. I'm actually surprised SRB2 is even somewhat alive (no offense).

At the time, I was just in to searching Sonic related things on YouTube, like fan games. While I was done searching Sonic Blitz, I saw a video that looked like a Sonic Blast Multiplayer. I clicked on it. And I saw bots flinging around the player. I found a link to this mysterious fan game. Then, I saw what I never saw in any fan game. I started my career in September, 2013. Months before version 2.0.7.

(YouTube: HaloiC QtB)

I only knew this game existed few years ago but sadly I wish that I knew about it sooner. I found this game back in around 2014 and been looking at youtube videos of the game repeatedly over again. Unfortunately though I could not download the game because we did not have internet on the computer. Eventually we was able to get internet on the computer and I downloaded the game and was finally able to play it during the late spring of 2015 and I was excited about it. I am new but I am catching up with the game here.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back