All Points Bulletin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cue

ALAM STOP BREAKING THE S
Okay, sure, it's not out yet, but I thought it could make for some good discussion.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/APB_%28video_game%29 said:
The game takes place in a modern-day, fictional city where there is a constant battle between "Enforcement" and "Criminals", and the player will need to decide to which Faction they want to belong. The two sides battle out for control of the city, with territory within the city being contested continually 24 hours a day, so that players must concern themselves with both offensive and defensive moves.
Other activities involving missions within the game allowing the player to earn extra money, which then can be used to upgrade weapons, vehicles, and their character appearances, all that influence the game itself.[12] For example, several Criminal players may rob a convenience store within the game; the game will then seek out one or more Law Enforcement players of equivalent skills and other criteria, and will issue an all-points bulletin for them to stop the robbery.
APB also claims it will be the first MMO title where the player's skill determines the character's progression, as opposed to the normal model of time investment.[5] Jones confirmed that players will be able to use the Last.FM service to create custom soundtracks within the game.[5]
At GDC 2009 it was announced that Vivox would be providing voice chat for the game, the software allows players to customize the voice of their characters with voice fronts, and also to communicate using 3D positional audio.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lMKS1oHSKXM

It looks very Crackdown, to me, and I like that, because I loved Crackdown but the one thing that bothered me was the lack of larger multiplayer than 2 people. :3

So, discuss.

I'm aware, but still, it'll do for now.

Waiting till tomorrow night, I got accepted into the beta just now but the play sessions are only on Sundays, Tuesdays and Thursdays between 7pm and 11pm BST. :<

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back