DCcity

Status
Not open for further replies.
You didn't use the file-naming convention (should be mt_DCcity.wad), but otherwise this seems acceptable and I'm not going to consign this to the Trash for that one minor aberration.

Funny you should mention that.
I'm thinking about making a race level from the game Wip3out.
At the moment I'm still collecting textures and sounds etc.

I tried this out, and it's good, but the one hitch I see is that it could be used to role-play/hangout, both of which are illegal on the MS, earning you a ban.
Still got some good gimmicks though. And I reccomend either removing the autoring or the railring, they're cheap combined. But still, looks good.

It'd earn the RPers the ban, not the level maker. BTW, use screenshots from SRB2.

Code:
screenshot
in the console.

astar said:
It'd earn the RPers the ban, not the level maker. BTW, use screenshots from SRB2.

Code:
screenshot
in the console.

>_>

bind XX "screenshot"

XX = Letter to make a screenshot WITHOUT console.

Press letter for screenshot W/O Console in way.

Yeah, I know how to screenshots in SRB2, I just found it easier to print screen in doom builder.
And hey, if you guys want me to get rid of the park I will.
(I thought I got rid of the Auto-ring in the re-uploaded version...)

I tested this in srb2 and I must say...

Great job, looks good but a bit to big but awesome!

Nice Job keep up the good work!

8.5/10

I just played this, and here is my review.

The stage is ok, but one big problem with it is it's an RP/Hangout magnet. 2nd one is that it's quite small. If you seen SRB2 City, you'd get a rough idea what it looks like. It lacks scenery a small bit as well in parts, but the gimmicks were ok, and the easter egg didn't ake any effort to find. View in DB = Done. Also, Auto fail hence the name fails on this map. Remove a few powerup rings, and item boxes as they are tooe asy to get.

I rate this a 5/10 ok attempt, but it needs to be bigger, and more design is needed to get better potential, and also dropped 2 points for RP/Hangout attraction.

I say look at srb2 city to give you a rough idea on how a city looks like, then go on there. Personally I didn't really see that part of a park, I saw it more of a ramp, that was it.

I liked the map, but my only problem was the skateramp. It stops me halfway up the ramp. The halfpipe was perfect though. I spindashed perfectly on that. Fix the ramp though.

Shoop said:
I tried this out, and it's good, but the one hitch I see is that it could be used to role-play/hangout, both of which are illegal on the MS, earning you a ban.

Seriously what is with all the city levels being made recently, I've seen three or four on this forum now in the past few weeks, do we need a boring grey/brown brick building town levels in a game based of the classic sonic games?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back