• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Sonic 2 (Coming a few months after 1.1)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Donovan the hedgehog said:
I am still looking for people that can soc robots.

Oooh! I just remembered that joeyl12 (I think) made a soc file called amyfollowers the file allows with the use of object place to add an Amy that follows you maybe you can drop by a PM to him asking him if you can use his soc or he can help you out by replacing the Amy sprite with a tails so tails can follow sonic.

Also make sure the sonic and plane has tails in the cockpit driving you mustn't forget the original details donovan!

Hey Donovan. I would love to beta-test the game. I've loved playing STH2 ever since I found out how to enter Debug mode and go Super Sonic right in Emerald Hill Zone. Seeing a Side-scroller mod of STH2 on SRB2 has made me happier that ever! Also, if you were to make me official Video Maker of this mod's trailers and/or update videos and friend me on youtube (if you have one. I also have Ustream and Justin.TV), I could send you the videos and/or upload them on my YT account. I have the full Fraps recorder. You can count on me if you pick me! PLZ let me beta!

Btw Wind...

Wind said:
I am still looking for people that can soc robots.

Oooh! I just remembered that joeyl12 (I think) made a soc file called amyfollowers the file allows with the use of object place to add an Amy that follows you maybe you can drop by a PM to him asking him if you can use his soc or he can help you out by replacing the Amy sprite with a tails so tails can follow sonic.

Also make sure the sonic and plane has tails in the cockpit driving you mustn't forget the original details donovan!

Don't you think it would be easier to ask Jason if Don could use his Sonic and Tails thing?

DarkSagaFromSegaLMA0 said:
Don't you think it would be easier to ask Jason if Don could use his Sonic and Tails thing?
Hah! Good luck with that. Only time I've ever seen him is on #srb2fun, and he doesn't talk hardly at all (assuming that it is him)

Don't bots require special programming of the mod and possibly needs an EXE to be programmed?

At this point, you should just let people run SRB2JTE and pick Sonic and Tails if they feel like it. You don't need to put the feature in yourself, honestly.

BlueZero4 said:
At this point, you should just let people run SRB2JTE and pick Sonic and Tails if they feel like it. You don't need to put the feature in yourself, honestly.

Some may not have SRB2JTE, and they probably don't want to waste time running and might just ruin it all if the SUPERVIRUS were to happen. :/ It's actually a good feature for a mod to have bots without using JTE that will be epic. :D

I highly doubt you'll finish this, long and highly detailed 2D levels are incredibly tedious and time consuming to make, not to mention laggy in Software. Default SRB2's 2D mode is almost broken, so it might be a good idea to recommend using ShufflaRB2 or any other EXE mod which fixes SRB2's 2D mode.

And, for the love of God, PLEASE use looping 64kbps OGGs with your music. It's the only way to go for your mod's filesize to be ANY good.

Or use midis :P.

I personally think that you should wait until the next version of SRB2 to make 2D levels. Its stated in the SRB2 Wiki that it would be better in 1.1. You could try to make an exe mod, but given that the next release is a couple months away I wouldn't bother. I personally don't like ShufflaRB2's 2D mode, but I guess you could make it for that.

I'll just add pictures and videos to this topic. I'm going to releace it to the public a few weeks after SRB2 1.-Wait, didn't Blue Warrior say that there will be no Map Editor for SRB2 Version 1.1 Final?

Why would he say that? I am sure that there will be a config for the current map editors for 1.1. Only let the SRB2 staff tell you what will be, or not be in SRB2 1.1. Mystic said there will be better 2d mode.

The next version of SRB2 has been announced for a while, its going to be released sometime during Spring 2009. http://www.srb2.org/mb/viewtopic.php?t=14588

Callum said:
I highly doubt you'll finish this, long and highly detailed 2D levels are incredibly tedious and time consuming to make, not to mention laggy in Software.

Uh, Palmtree Panic was highly detailed, and it didn't lag.

Re: Sonic 2 Beta PR (PICS ONLY) Beta Tester Agreement Added

BETA TESTERS MUST READ THIS OR MOST-LIKELY, YOU WILL GET BANNED FROM RECEIVING PRIVATE BETAS!!!
Beta Tester Agreement Sheet said:
Thy shall not host netgames with it without permission from Donovan The Hedgehog. - Actually, Jade has permission only to host betas without my permission.
Thy shall not give people betas of the private betas on any forum or website.
Thy shall not give a comment about the private beta on the Sonic Robo Blast 2 Message Boards.

This could lead you getting banned from any new betas. If I find 1 server hosting a beta wad of it without my permission I will ban all Beta Testers and there will be no more beta testing. I think I said that clear enough.

I dion't know if you expect an response to this, But here's my name on the line.

xAngelus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back