SRB2 V2.1- Problems with Addons

Xeide

I've been having some problems recently when playing the addons called Subarashi, Kimokawaii and Sugoi. When I play a certain level the game stops and a new window comes with the follow message:

"Signal caught - SIGSEGV - Segment violation"

When I click on the "ok" button, the game closes. The weird part is that, when I had a Windows 7 the game worked without having any issues. Is there any way to solve this problem?

I'm not sure either what a sigsev is, but basically, the game just crashes and shuts down. I don't know when they happen, most of the times that happened to me was while playing with addons. I haven't seen any sigsev without addons, but I guess it's still posible. It's just a game crash, It closes the game and screws you up. But It isn't anything special, just reload the game.

Which version of 2.1 are you using? The original SUGOI was timed to release with 2.1.16, which fixed a few slope related bugs present in some of its levels.

Also SIGSEGV means "signal handler: segment violation" which means the game attempted to access a memory address it wasn't supposed to or something like that.

I'm using the version 2.1.25, So basically, I need to download the older version of the game right?

I've been seeing people complaining about that SIGSEGV thing and always have to say it, it might be your ram or something, and if I'm wrong then it's just a game thing. Try downgrading it too (I played that mod with the latest version of 2.1 and I didn't have problems with any of those mods, so it as well just be your RAM or whatever.)

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

When I click on the "ok" button, the game closes. The weird part is that, when I had a Windows 7 the game worked without having any issues. Is there any way to solve this problem?

May you specify which version of Windows are you using to play the game?

I'm using the version 2.1.25, So basically, I need to download the older version of the game right?

No, I was just checking in case you decided to get 2.1.15 or something. Must be something else then, hm.

Would ask to have whatever you had in your srb2win.RPT (assuming you're playing the 32-bit version; 64-bit SRB2 doesn't produce the file at all, annoyingly) but 2.1.25 is obviously not even the current version anymore so I'm not sure it's worth my time looking into it. It might even already be fixed in 2.2 for all I know.

I've been seeing people complaining about that SIGSEGV thing and always have to say it, it might be your ram or something, and if I'm wrong then it's just a game thing. Try downgrading it too (I played that mod with the latest version of 2.1 and I didn't have problems with any of those mods, so it as well just be your RAM or whatever.)

SIGSEGVs are nothing to do with RAM I'm pretty sure, it's the game accessing a bit of memory its not allowed to access, which usually is because of 1) trying to access a NULL pointer (one that's not actually pointing to anything at all) or 2) the memory address leads to garbage (perhaps it used to be a block of memory allocated, but it was later freed). SIGSEGVs generally indicate the code is not handling something correctly and made a mistake which must be fixed by us developers if we can!

SIGSEGVs are nothing to do with RAM I'm pretty sure, it's the game accessing a bit of memory its not allowed to access, which usually is because of 1) trying to access a NULL pointer (one that's not actually pointing to anything at all) or 2) the memory address leads to garbage (perhaps it used to be a block of memory allocated, but it was later freed). SIGSEGVs generally indicate the code is not handling something correctly and made a mistake which must be fixed by us developers if we can!

I thought RAM was the issue because, RAM is also memory, but I guess it might be other type of memory, maybe ROM?
Well, so you mean your code is not well made for his type of "memory"?

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Actually, this threat is a complaint about a older version issue so... Is this even fixed in the 2.2 version? Cause the I think the threat I mentioned was about 2.2 version (no idea if has been deleted, checked and didn't find it, might have missed it too).

I thought RAM was the issue because, RAM is also memory, but I guess it might be other type of memory, maybe ROM?
Well, so you mean your code is not well made for his type of "memory"?

---------- Post added at 09:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:17 PM ----------

Actually, this threat is a complaint about a older version issue so... Is this even fixed in the 2.2 version? Cause the I think the threat I mentioned was about 2.2 version (no idea if has been deleted, checked and didn't find it, might have missed it too).

No you're actually getting the wrong end of the stick here, maybe I should have said SIGSEGV just means there's a bug with the game and it's not usually something to do with the user's computer. x_x

It's hard to tell if it's fixed in 2.2 because I don't know exactly what the bug is yet!

No you're actually getting the wrong end of the stick here, maybe I should have said SIGSEGV just means there's a bug with the game and it's not usually something to do with the user's computer. x_x

It's hard to tell if it's fixed in 2.2 because I don't know exactly what the bug is yet!

I thought so, because I haven't seen that bug in SRB2 but some programs, so maybe it be related to SRB2 not working well with his type of "memory", but it's SRB2's fault cause it should work...? I understand what you mean, what I'm trying to convey is the cause, like sort of a hint because I can't do more than that.

---------- Post added at 10:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

trying to read or write from/to a memory area that your process does not have access to.
That's what makes me think that this is related to his type of memory, and also the fact that not everyone complains. So it might as well be both but it doesn't mean devs don't have to fix it; it should work.

---------- Post added at 04:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:37 PM ----------

May you specify which version of Windows are you using to play the game?

Well, i'm using Windows 10

---------- Post added at 09:56 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:48 PM ----------

No, I was just checking In case you decided to get 2.1.15 or something. Must be something else then, hm.

Would ask to have whatever you had In your srb2win.RPT (assuming you're playing the 32-bit version; 64-bit SRB2 doesn't produce the file at all, annoyingly) but 2.1.25 is obviously not even the current version anymore so I'm not sure it's worth my time looking into It. It might even already be fixed in 2.2 for all I know.

Well, I have 2.2 but the addons are not compatible, I already did a test and the colors are strange, and the game hud does not work, It was made to run In previous versions

Please, if you see this issue happening in the 2.2 version, report it. I believe there has been a post about this but for the version 2.2 which I didn't bother to look for (Or I might be delusional and this is the only one there has been...)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back