SRB2 With slopes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuffle

Developer
Sonic Team Junior
Okay, I'm not taking ANY credif for this at all, but I'ma give you an EXE with slopes in it. All I did was uncomment it in 1.09's code. There's a REASON it's commented, though. The slopes are intangible, they don't have sides and they lag like CRAZY around spikes.
But anyways, here's your precious slopes:
http://home.comcast.net/~mlmars/Slopeswin.zip

To use them, you have to set a linedef with a type of 243 and tag it to a sector with a type of 16384.
The slopes only work in OpenGL, don't forget to Zennode or you'll get really crazy results.

What does SRB2 need slopes for? I guess having loops and such would be cool, but I don't think it can be done, even with slopes available.

No, I'm willing to bet it CAN be done, but it'd be such a ludicrous amount of work to implement in 3D that it'd be pointless to do so.

Especially since slopes aren't tangible right now.

Yes. Trust me: slopes at this stage aren't as amazing as they seem.

At least, I wasn't amazed too much. They looked pretty sharp, though :D

The only use that I find to these intangible slopes are use them for decoration in places that the player can't contact with...

I recently dreamt I had a slope with a staircase hidden below it and for some reason it worked right and such... :|

Shuffle said:
To use them, you have to set a linedef with a type of 243 and tag it to a sector with a type of 16384.
The slopes only work in OpenGL, don't forget to Zennode or you'll get really crazy results.
I've never used Zennode in my life.

Ah. I need a new vid card, but I can't install it.......is there any other way to view OpenGL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back