Learning send color

TurtleBoiEX

so i learned how to make a custom color I'm having issues sending it. I've tried testing it myself and i keeps saying access denied to client and I'm not sure if or where to find sendcolor.txt. so now i just have a custom made color without anyway to send it can someone explain what I'm doing wrong or if I'm missing something?

In your SRB2 folder go to a subfolder called luafiles then inside of there into another subfolder called client. (Make these folders if they do not exist.) And put sendcolor.txt inside of the client folder.

Sendcolor is currently broken to my knowledge, using it will freeze the game. not worth trying to get it set up until it gets fixed.

confusion and hopeless anger

In your SRB2 folder go to a subfolder called luafiles then inside of there into another subfolder called client. (Make these folders if they do not exist.) And put sendcolor.txt inside of the client folder.

I don't really get when some people say sendcolor.txt is that a another file i have to make or is it just another way of saying the custom color?

more confusion and hopeless anger

It is a text file. Read the first paragraph in the release post

I'm confused do i have to make my color a luafile or a text file and i don't have a sendcolor.txt and even if i did have it what do I do with it cause i have spent 30 minutes looking at the post trying to get an understanding of it and i got nothing. so all i have is just a color with nothing to use it for really.

Custom sendcolors

I'm confused do i have to make my color a luafile or a text file and i don't have a sendcolor.txt and even if i did have it what do I do with it cause i have spent 30 minutes looking at the post trying to get an understanding of it and i got nothing. so all i have is just a color with nothing to use it for really.
You make a text file (.txt) called sendcolor.txt and put it in your luafiles\client folder in your SRB2 installation.
(the luafiles name's meaning is that it's an SRB2 folder that lua can access, making it useful for non-savegame configs and stuff.)

The structure for a sendcolor.txt may look like this:
Code:
AUTOSEND
name = Color1,
ramp = {188,189,99,101,102,142,142,142,137,137,137,137,143,138,138,253},
invcolor = SKINCOLOR_RUST,
invshade = 7,
chatcolor = V_GREENMAP,
accessible = true

name = Color2,
ramp = {189,189,99,101,102,142,142,142,137,137,137,137,143,138,138,200},
invcolor = SKINCOLOR_COLOR1,
invshade = 5,
chatcolor = V_REDMAP,
accessible = true
In this case, the first color (with an AUTOSEND before it) will automatically be added to the server once you go in, and to add the second color, you need to type sendcolor in the console.
See the custom colors guide for more info on what those other fields do.
(also note, i'm not the developer of the mod. some info may be incorrect)

It Worked I guess

You make a text file (.txt) called sendcolor.txt and put it in your luafiles\client folder in your SRB2 installation.
(the luafiles name's meaning is that it's an SRB2 folder that lua can access, making it useful for non-savegame configs and stuff.)

The structure for a sendcolor.txt may look like this:
Code:
AUTOSEND
name = Color1,
ramp = {188,189,99,101,102,142,142,142,137,137,137,137,143,138,138,253},
invcolor = SKINCOLOR_RUST,
invshade = 7,
chatcolor = V_GREENMAP,
accessible = true

name = Color2,
ramp = {189,189,99,101,102,142,142,142,137,137,137,137,143,138,138,200},
invcolor = SKINCOLOR_COLOR1,
invshade = 5,
chatcolor = V_REDMAP,
accessible = true
In this case, the first color (with an AUTOSEND before it) will automatically be added to the server once you go in, and to add the second color, you need to type sendcolor in the console.
See the custom colors guide for more info on what those other fields do.
(also note, i'm not the developer of the mod. some info may be incorrect)

i think i got sendcolor to work but now if i even sendcolor my game freezes so... now what do i do.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back