Tails' sprites need fixing when recolored.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galefox

Nomad of the sky
To be more clear, when you're playing as Tails, you might notice when you fly or run fast there's an orange ring around his tails when they spin, it kind of indicates where they end, everyone knows what I mean, right?

Well, there's also these little spots on his tails and sometimes around other places of his sprites, those and the orange ring have a bit of a problem when you're in multiplayer mode and you change Tails' coloe.

They don't change.

So basically if you're cyan, you have brown pixels on you and an orange ring around your tails when you fly / run.

This isn't really a serious issue with the game, but it is kind of ugly, and I don't know why nobody's fixed the sprites yet, they've been this way for quite some time...

I do appreciate fixing the color options for the sprites in the latest SRB2, it makes being white look like white and not some glowing sprite without shading, and I do appreciate somebody fixing the Knuckles sprites, so I wouldn't be too surprised if there was some fix on the way for this because again, it does look kind of ugly and on these sprites, it's kind of obvious.

I would get a screenshot but whenever I print screen on this computer the colors mess up...

Suggestions: I've been thinking this for a long time, I think someone should change that orange ring that appears when Tails flies to white, it was like that in Sonic 3, and honestly, when he flies here, it looks weird to me because there's no indication that he has white tail tips, and also, you wouldn't have to really do anything to the color issue because the white parts of Tails aren't remappable.

Also, this isn't really a big problem with me, but will Tails ever get swimming animations? I don't know what stopped him from flying underwater on Sonic 3, and I don't really mind him flying underwater here because at least the bubbles that come up hint at some interaction with the water, but I was just curious.

Actually, those problems are the product of SSN downsizing the sprites while he was making them.

Fixing up a couple of pixels per sprite is barely any hassle at all. Hell, I could do it myself, and I'm not even a proficient spriter. If the OP's description is anything to go by, it doesn't even affect the entire spritesheet. Fixing something like this would take 30 minutes to an hour, tops.

I understand there are issues behind the scenes that take priority here, but for the sheer ease of fixing the issue it amazes me that nobody's even attempted to correct this yet.

Ya, I rather have good pallete agreed sprites for tails. Please fix?

Offtopic.
I rather have all the sprites of sonic, tails, and knuckles being fixed so they won't look so resided looking.

srb20003.png

http://www.freewebtown.com/driftersseries/Wads/miles.wad

You people and complaining about minor things, I've had this wad for quite a while now. The only issue now is the neglected spots on his shoes.

Well, thanks, but how is this complaining about nothing?

The only character I use is Tails, so in multiplayer I have to look at it... jeeze.

And it is a bit of an issue with most of the sprites, but if nobody else wants to fix it, if someone would so kindly let me have the sprites, I will, because I'm an experienced spriter with nothing better to do and wouldn't mind making myself productive if the mods think it's 'too small' to care about.

Then just put it over the old Tails, is it hard?

Really, is it? I don't know how to make character wads... if I did, I would...

Something about that screenshot just doesn't look right to me, Senku. Tails has white parts on his tails in all colors, so seeing pure color just doesn't feel right to me.

Something about that screenshot just doesn't look right to me, Senku. Tails has white parts on his tails in all colors, so seeing pure color just doesn't feel right to me.

He does?

Whenever you fly, the entire form of his tails are an orange shade, there is no white...

That's why I suggested someone add in a white, it looked good in Sonic 3...

I would post a screenshot but for some reason it doesn't work for me.

I think that this will fix your problem.
You need to website to host your images so then you can post it up.

I was using a website. I know how to put images on the internet. (FYI TinyPic is better than ImageShack.)

Here's what happens:
2mx3e41.png

Do you now see why I can't load images? This is what happens to my print screen.

http://www.freewebtown.com/driftersseries/Wads/miles.wad

You people and complaining about minor things, I've had this wad for quite a while now. The only issue now is the neglected spots on his shoes.

I think that Tails WAD is the one I've been trying to find for months! Can I post the link to it up on a thread? It's much better than the one we already have.

Why don't you just use that one?

Last edited:
Here's what happens:
2mx3e41.png

Do you now see why I can't load images? This is what happens to my print screen.
Did you open up the console and typed "Screenshot"?
If you did than I don't know. Ask D00D, he knows more about malfunctions more than I do *Insert funny insult here* kthxbai.

Did you open up the console and typed "Screenshot"?
If you did than I don't know. Ask D00D, he knows more about malfunctions more than I do *Insert funny insult here* kthxbai.

I was hitting printscreen.

There really should be a place to list all these ******* console commands because I'm getting sick of everyone acting as if I'm an idiot because I don't know them. :/

EDIT: Here.

Normal Tails with original Tails:

16kstfn.png

21bn715.png

nv6055.png

No white when he flies, it's all orange.

Also, here's what happens when you change the color:

21ls8dx.png

20ge1vq.png

abnv2w.png

I guess it's made pretty clear now how ugly it is to look at that.

But this is what the WAD does. Here's my usual (since the white pallet was fixed on Tails THANK YOU do who did it because it looked utterly hideous before):

2mdoxv8.png

2ed4a2t.png

300tlcl.png

Well, at least it's fixed the recolor, but the problem is...

akyjo5.png

2r3jfqg.png

97qu76.png

This was why I suggested changing it to white. It needs to be fixed anyway, I don't see how changing the ring to white does any more...

EDIT: The problematic colors are on more sprites than I showed, virtually every walking animation, flying / running animation and idle animations, it isn't on the jumps, I've noticed. It's also on his 'about-to-fall-off-ledge' animation, spring animation and hanging animation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back