DLL Help.

When servers host, they can choose to add their own WADs or play without them.

If you, for example, add a Shadow WAD, your game becomes modified and you can only join servers with this Shadow WAD that you added, until you restart the game. You can't join servers that do not have the same WADs that you have added.

If you join a midified game, your game will download the files needed from the server, and your game becomes modified from that point on until you restart the game.

You can also try hosting your own server with the files that you want. But emember that if you host with the game modified, the server will be modified too.

In short, you usually can't join servers if you add WADs. But you can host servers with those WADs.
If you want to join other servers, you should consider not adding WADs.

Last edited:
When servers host, they can choose to add their own WADs or play without them.

If you, for example, add a Shadow WAD, your game becomes modified and you can only join servers with this Shadow WAD that you added, until you restart the game. You can't join servers that do not have the same WADs that you have added.

If you join a midified game, your game will download the files needed from the server, and your game becomes modified from that point on until you restart the game.

You can also try hosting your own server with the files that you want. But emember that if you host with the game modified, the server will be modified too.

In short, you usually can't join servers if you add WADs. But you can host servers with those WADs.
If you want to join other servers, you should consider not adding WADs.

I'm making a Standard server. its called: Lets have fun!
I'ts coop on some stages. the only wad i'm using is Rouge's.
Download link: (if i'ts necessary) http://srb2skybase.org/mb/showthread.php?t=3560
EDIT: if possible. i can play today or saturday. if anyone wanna play, reply me as soon as possible. AND. the download link is Rouge's wad. if you're asking.

I think it is generally frowned upon to advertise a netgame you're going to host in the forums.

What you can do though is host and wait a while, people will eventually join your netgame. Players can download the WAD from your server if it isn't too huge to download.

You'd need to port forward the port 5029 UDP to succesfully host and have people join your server, however.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back