Staffing Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

LoganA

Administrator
Administrator
Sonic Team Junior
Posted by SeventhSentinel on 06-20-2020 10:00 PM.

Hello, everyone. I have some important news to announce.

This is not an easy post for me to write. It has been a long, stressful month, and some major changes to Sonic Team Jr.’s staff have taken place as a result of recent events. It is only right that we make these changes transparently.

These changes occurred in the wake of banning and filing a police report for a user known as Sapheros or Purpsky confirmed to be grooming children with the objective of sexual abuse. To be clear, this user had nothing to do with Sonic Team Jr. or the development of SRB2 and the timing of these events are entirely coincidental. As always, we encourage you to let us know about such inappropriate behavior so we can help put a stop to it. The safety of users in this community is our top priority.

Under normal circumstances, we wouldn’t need to announce that Sapheros/Purpsky was banned, but the stress around filing the report for them directly led into stress inside the development team, as well as stress for the staff of our official Discord server, who discussed and pursued legal action against Sapheros/Purpsky over several sleepless nights.

Mystic is permanently banned from STJr and the SRB2 Discord server. This is due to unacceptable behavior including antagonizing a modder and baselessly accusing a fellow community member of using a private Discord server to hide other groomers.

Rob has been removed from STJr, and is banned from the SRB2 Discord server. This is due to mishandling of Mystic’s behavior, abuse of power, and making threats that, if acted upon, would have caused a major split of the SRB2 community.

Prime 2.0 has been removed from STJr. This is due to overstepping personal bounds and poor administrative conduct.

Again, the banning of Sapheros/Purpsky and the removal of these team members are completely separate events. They have no relevance to each other outside of the stress the situations both brought, and their timing.

Any other members that left did so on their own. Please refrain from harassing any of these people. We want this transition to be as smooth as possible for everyone involved.

So where does that leave us? Well, we still have a lot of logistics issues to take care of, but for the foreseeable future, I, SeventhSentinel, will be responsible for maintaining the message boards. SteelT, james, and wolfs will be responsible for managing the master server. We have also made changes to the administration/moderation team on both the message board and the Discord server. Please feel free to get in contact with us for any issues you may have regarding these changes.

Thank you for sticking with us through these tumultuous times, and as always, thank you for playing Sonic Robo Blast 2. We look forward to keeping this community going strong, and we’re more excited than ever to get back to work on the next major update for SRB2.

View on SRB2.org

Last edited by a moderator:
If you would like to discuss these changes, please send a PM to me here, a DM to my personal Twitter account, or a DM to my Discord account (SeventhSentinel#4892). Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back