Team Fortress 2 update thread. No hatin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
:(. I'm pissed, I actually bought TF2 for $20, and now everyone gets to play it for free. Premium for them is only 50 cents(one Mann Co. store purchase gives you a premium TF2 acc) I just wish I could use the money I spent on TF2 in the Mann Co. Store

:(. I'm pissed, I actually bought TF2 for $20, and now everyone gets to play it for free. Premium for them is only 50 cents(one Mann Co. store purchase gives you a premium TF2 acc) I just wish I could use the money I spent on TF2 in the Mann Co. Store

You need to add $5 on your Steam wallet to buy anything, I'm afraid.

And how many hours did you rack up with that $20?

Apparently if you bought TF2 before the uber update, you get the "Proof of Purchase" hat, which is a hat that was worn by the Commando (Soldier) Class in the leaked TF2 Alpha that can be worn on all classes.

But I am upset about how a "Premium" membership is only 50 cents, atleast they could've made it the same price or half the price of what tf2 cost before it was free. Just to filter out some noobs that would make the game less than satisfying if they had hats.

Last edited:
Apparently if you bought TF2 before the uber update, you get the "Proof of Purchase" hat, which is a hat that was worn by the Commando (Soldier) Class in the leaked TF2 Alpha that can be worn on all classes.

But I am upset about how a "Premium" membership is only 50 cents, atleast they could've made it the same price or half the price of what tf2 cost before it was free. Just to filter out some noobs that would make the game less than satisfying if they had hats.

Premium membership is more than 50 cents. The minimum amount of money that can go in your wallet at one time is $5. Therefore, TF2 is $5, not 50 cents.

..Yes, but Valve wins and gets their $5. You need a minimum of $5 to buy TF2, and you have $4.50 left for something else on Steam.
The point still stands, you can spend the money on other things. In fact, you can even buy multiple things in the store.

I'm not going to complain as Logan(Alam?) gifted several TF2 copies away on SRB2Fun, which is how I got my copy.

Last edited:
The only problem I have with the new trading feature is how long it takes to trade items on a connection under 3Mbps(I'm on 1.5Mbps). It took at least 30 seconds to get a trade done and my ping was 300 while it loaded the pictures/descriptions.

So in case none of you noticed yet, there was a problem with today's patch that stuck the game in-between the Valve insignia and the menu screen. They released another patch just to fix it, but it was pretty funny listening to people go "OMGOMG TF2 WONT STRT OMGOMGOMGOMG".

So Ash (for those of you who know/remember him) just published a TF2 tournament and is currently taking registrations. I figured this would be a good place to plug it, since, SRB2 and uh, yeah.

All skill levels are welcome, so check it out if you're interested.

So Ash (for those of you who know/remember him) just published a TF2 tournament and is currently taking registrations. I figured this would be a good place to plug it, since, SRB2 and uh, yeah.

All skill levels are welcome, so check it out if you're interested.
Even putting aside that it's Ash doing this, consider for a moment that there's a metal buy-in, poorly defined rules(absolutely no explanation of how skill brackets are decided) and exceptions to rules under the organizer's discretion, and expects a sign-up of 1000 people.

EDIT: Others have noted upon examination of this thing that Ash, while offering team captains on a subjective basis, only posesses 1 non-tradeable team captain in his inventory, that the steam group had 5 people but reported 70 entrants on the first day, and that Ash has claimed to base his skill bracketing on "watching each and every entrant play TF2".

Enter at your own risk.

Last edited:
Even putting aside that it's Ash doing this, consider for a moment that there's a metal buy-in, poorly defined rules(absolutely no explanation of how skill brackets are decided) and exceptions to rules under the organizer's discretion, and expects a sign-up of 1000 people.

Enter at your own risk.

I don't think he would go through the effort to organize such a scam considering he already has around three unusuals. I believe there are less convoluted, less time consuming, and probably even more rewarding ways to rip people off than spending weeks putting together an entire web site (layout, images and all) and plotting the tournament formats/guidelines; particularly, you could just, y'know, go to trade servers and rip people off there. Or mariokart/achievement servers, whichever catches your fancy for hunting down players who don't know better.

Just my take on it, believe what you want of course. The rules are a valid criticism, but I'm pretty sure he plans on refining them based on the questions he receives about the tournament.

New update seems to make the game load MUCH faster for me, but I seem to crash randomly after about a half hour of play. Don't know why.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back