Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Chao Garden was just an experiment that went horribly wrong and killed us all in a BIG OLD STORM OF CHAOS. Pun intended.

Yeah but honesty it wasn't too bad and something to kill time with. My small problem with it was tedious grind of collecting specific animal types just to improve their stats, but then again it was amusing to have a Chao that was an angel type but had the body of a ghost.

SA2 was nice in that it let you access the gardens immediately after levels. SA didn't do that and thus it was freakin' tedious to actually take the time to raise Chao. I would have loved it if they would have fixed that problem in SA:DX, but they didn't. That and stages like Icecap had few animals to collect.

I like the concept of the Chao Garden itself, too. At least it's a nice little distraction while you to A-rank everything.

Last edited:
Well, there was also the issues where

A) You can not only hurt your Chao by using your spin-dash et al, but it's incredibly easy to do so.
B) You couldn't tell what the hell your Chao's stats were, making the races an exercise in tedium, unless you used the VMU. (Alleviated somewhat in the GC ports, at least; credit where credit's due, there.)
C) You wind up with Chao who appear to be happy, and then go into their evolution cuccoons, only for the cuccoons to vanish with nothing reappearing underneath them - yeah, your Chao are committing suicide, and you don't know why, since you've been doing your damnedest to raise the buggers. I had this issue more in SA1 than SA2, though.

Really, the Chao-raising segments were a pain in the ass and I'm glad that they're no longer required for 100% completion. I like Chao, but I can't stand raising them.

I really like how calm Classic Sonic's version of "City Escape" is in that level. It brings off a "Take your time and enjoy the sites, just try not to get hit by a homicidal truck coming your way" kind of vibe if you get me.

Also, who saw Mighty and Ray on the wanted posters in the level?

Last edited:
Yeah but honesty it wasn't too bad and something to kill time with. My small problem with it was tedious grind of collecting specific animal types just to improve their stats, but then again it was amusing to have a Chao that was an angel type but had the body of a ghost.
Oh yes, I liked it a lot, but it's gotten annoying now. Guess I grew out of it, which is a very odd thing for me to say considering I watch children's cartoons and keep forgetting that I'm 20 years old.

C) You wind up with Chao who appear to be happy, and then go into their evolution cuccoons, only for the cuccoons to vanish with nothing reappearing underneath them - yeah, your Chao are committing suicide, and you don't know why, since you've been doing your damnedest to raise the buggers. I had this issue more in SA1 than SA2, though.
Oh god, it's true! D: SO TRUE!

Yup, perhaps I shouldn't have hopes. And perhaps you guys are right.

Maybe Chao gardens aren't that good. What really annoyed me was that we raised the chao with so much care and then... HE FREAKING DIES!!!!!

It is annoying but perhaps it's better that the chao garden dissapears.

Good-bye, Chao.

Hey guys, you know what a PC version means?
Custom levels! (and if you say otherwise remember a single word; hacks)
Hurry up, guys, prepare GFZ1 for a Sonic Generations port.

But yeah, it would be interesting if people will actually try making custom levels or not. Being on Steam makes it a bit easier to mod than on the console.

AWW.
PLEASE DO MARBLE ZONE.
Oh wait the game is not even released yet.
But yeah,hacks would be cool,custom levels even more!(Or maybe SEGA will release a utility to do custom levels,who knows ^^)

Hey guys, you know what a PC version means?
Custom levels! (and if you say otherwise remember a single word; hacks)
Hurry up, guys, prepare GFZ1 for a Sonic Generations port.

But yeah, it would be interesting if people will actually try making custom levels or not. Being on Steam makes it a bit easier to mod than on the console.

I'm not going to attached to the idea of mods for Generations. If anything I think it'll end up like SA:DX just texture hacks and insertion of structure models to make new 'levels'. Plus Generations seems, IMO, it would be difficult to edit levels.

@Shadow Hog: I know what you mean about raising Chao who seem happy but die at their final cocoons. All that work to get a specific Chao just to go down the drain.

The fact that it's on Steam doesn't mean a thing. Steam is just a distribution service. The whole built-in modding thing only apples to Valve games.

Am I the only one who never had a problem raising Chao? I mean, really, what did you do to the Chao? Starve it? Throw it? Ignore it? I never had a single Chao disappear, except for when I purposely killed them. XD
But it's not like I was super careful either, there were times when I accidentally spindashed or woke up my Chao. Yet, somehow I never had a problem.

http://www.sonicstadium.org/2011/10/how-streetpass-works-in-sonic-generations-3ds/

Exactly that the URL says. Well, I gotta spend these 300 Play Coins on something...

- Players will be able to swap profile cards and missions via StreetPass.
- The game contains 100 extra missions which can be unlocked via StreetPass.
- “When you do a StreetPass exchange with another player, he or she will appear in your StreetPass log. Then you need to select the player’s name and you’ll receive a mission that the the player cleared.”
- “There’s a mission called Revenge which has you where taking out a certain number of enemies while Special Trial sees gopher-like enemies turning up in Act 1 of Mushroom Hill Zone.”
- If you’re not able to get enough StreetPass hits, there is also the option to unlock missions with game coins.
- You can list your Sonic fan credentials on your profile card and other details, like who your favourite Sonic character is.
- Your profile card will also record how long you’ve been playing Sonic Generations.
- Your profile card will update automatically when you perform an exchange.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back