Worst game cartoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
173.jpg

^ This.

bubsycartoon02.png

THAT'S RIGHT FOLKS! There was, for a brief time, a BUBSY cartoon in the works, sponsered by Taco Bell. Fortunately for the world, Bubsy's badical, pun-ridden television career was confined to a single pilot episode:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BQxdUY1DzCM - Part 1!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gFrJ72PxzU&feature=related - Part 2!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJqe-X9uiRo&feature=related - Part 3!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1LaiikZo8lc&feature=related - The Stunning Conclusion!

Gents, I do believe I just won this thread. I'd like my internets delivered by 5:00 PM tomorrow, please.

Last edited:
Fair enough.

To add onto that, I WAS able to finish watching the Battletoads pilot; not so with Bubsy.

GREG THE CAT said:
a bee said:
Sonic Underground

Fixed for great justice.

IMO, it isn't justice if you're changing it to your own liking (something I unfortunately cannot stand).

Moving on, I do recall watching Sonic X and I clearly remember shuddering at how horribly the dub was handled. Unfortunately, that's the only show based off of a video game franchise that comes to mind.

I saw some of Sonic X subtitled. I don't know how bad the dub is, but the original show is pretty awful as well.

I haven't watched the Japanese subs, but I've read over the plot and seen a basic abridged version, and it was pretty much lame.

I saw some of Sonic X subtitled. I don't know how bad the dub is, but the original show is pretty awful as well.

Most anime/shows that get translated to English (especially by 4kids) wind up extremely crappy. Then some douchebag censor guy watches every frame of every episode, and if there's anything he doesn't like, whoops that's "conveniently" left on the cutting room floor.

And of course, if said controversial material is the base plot of the episode, they just send it right back to Japan and pretend it didn't exist.

You should be more grateful that Sonic X aired in the states at all. You're not giving them enough credit trying to rework the show to not stir any controversies from parents. It's not that much worse than the original show to begin with, anyway.

Whoa! Totally forgot about Where on Earth Is Carmen Sandiego?

She was also hot.
I hated the cartoons, but the 'where in the world' game show is a classic.

Last edited:
Fixed for great justice. I would say Sonic X but that was an anime.
Sonic Underground? I loved that cartoon when I was four, it was a shaping cartoon, hell; it even made me end up becoming a drummer.

Also, back on topic, Mario was terrible in my eyes, it burnt.

Last edited:
If that's what you say about the Japanese version, then you absolutely do not want to see the English version. But even if you did like it, you should steer clear of it. EDIT: ... I'm.. not sure what would be the worst game cartoon. I've heard a few were terrible, but I haven't seen them myself. So... I'd have to say Sonic Underground right now. Ugh, the concept.
Well, in all honesty, I love the concept to be honest with you. The problem was the lazy writing, insanium in the cranium storyline, and the lame performances as well as the songs themselves. I mean to say that they should've tried to actually sound cool like INXS or Prince and have overall better lyrics. It is unlikable to grown audiences for good reason as you look at how the show has aged and how cheesy it was. Fastest Thing Alive blows anything that came from Underground. It was what we had before Brutal Legend. The problem was that it was cheesy. And I honestly know without a doubt in my mind is that if you consider Sonic X good, then something must be wrong with you or you are a kid. After all, kids don't know better but adults who love Sonic X? I met such a person on Sonic Stadium. Quite a strange fellow that Dr. Mechano is. Apparently the Sonic franchise is supposed to be optimistic, cude, and cuddly to him. There is a grey area to the franchise where good and evil mix, but Robotnik has always been a life hater. How else do you explain roboticization and badniks? Trapping little animals in robots taking them for granted as his slaves? Yeah, that sounds like the nicest villain the world has to offer. The reason I believe a bee's post needed to be fixed is because the show took the idea of the classic Genesis titles and built forward and onto more ,yes, darker territory. But Sonic was still himself, he was a peace lover, he wanted to keep the world safe, and he had his attitude to boot. And Robotnik? He was the polar opposite of our hero, which is how the series was planned out to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back