Post your pics/art here!

just a couple things that really need fixing on the top one:

* his body spike needs a lot more of a curve (think sort of a crescent), and some better shading toward the bottom
* hand should be going down instead of up

on the bottom, the body abruptly ends at the figure 8 when it should instead gradually fade out or something. body spike also needs to be a lower shade, hand needs a little cleaning up

consider also adding some leg swirls inside the foot area, similar to this:
Sonic-run.gif

One problem with that, he/she is not basing the sprites off of that, they are basing them off of this.

SonicCDSprite--article_image.jpg

So due to this the lack of leg swirls and the figure 8 make sense. I do thought have to agree that the body above the feet needs work, and maybe some more shading here and there. Other than that, my only gripe is I personally think the figure 8 should be thicker, but that's just my own little nit-pick.

yeah, the problem is just that the bottom half looks pretty empty. if you narrow down the figure 8 and make it thicker, that should solve it.

'SC Game' Boss Theme (Revision 1)

My older version was significantly shorter, but Game Maker still doesn't seem to carry any support for looped music the way SRB2 and some other games do, and I don't know if/when they will. As compensation I increased the length of the composition and removed the fadeout for a more authentic, album-like audio experience. I will probably do this for the rest of the soundtrack unless circumstances change.

edit: made a few touchups

Last edited:
I love seeing everybody's art and hearing everybody's music. :D

Supermultipost!

Photo:
These three types of clovers really go well together:
n2lLddM.jpg

Music:
I made this somewhat ambient relaxing nighttime music for a contest: Fleeting Forest Lights

Digital Art:
Which one looks the best to you?
(1) Glowy:
RoJInfL.png

(2) Rainbow:
GkzWMrI.jpg

(3) Dissolved:
m1Ymb79.png

(4) Dissolved Rainbow:
NWA0AKY.png

I personally think Glowy looks the best. The dissolved effect is just far too strong.

@Blue Warrior: Really catchy song there~

peelout3_by_flamesthefirehh-d7g8n5u.png

I did this for The Peelout Lua. I think It Sucks.

srb2_peel_out4_by_flamesthefirehh-d7g8nck.bmp

This is the Second one, The Peelout Thing was ripped of The top one. I though That Glove was decent.

I hope I don't Have Iceman Or Moter Judging it.
This is just a terrible edit of sonic.plr... Which was bad to begin with. :U

The gloves are messy and disgusting looking. The arms are drawn badly and there is a whole mess of stray pixels. The figure 8 curve looks ridiculous. The loops in that figure 8 are totally out of proportions. The size difference is way too much. The overall pose of the sprites is bad. He's just standing upright and flailing his arms back. How does that make any sense. Lastly, the consistency is terrible. The sprites you posted do not flow together correctly. Put the two sprites next to each other and you'll get what I mean.

I'd give a better review but I'm on mobile right now.

Last edited:
Music:
I made this somewhat ambient relaxing nighttime music for a contest: Fleeting Forest Lights

Wow! I can really grasp the thought you put into this. I like the way you named each section of the song, because it shows how carefully you worked out the notes and key of each section, to really bring out the effect and feeling of each step of the story it tells.

I feel like you've got something I keep forgetting when I sit down to compose: Taking a really vivid picture, and just going with it as it changes, twisting and turning the path of the song alongside with it. Thematically it reminds me a lot of this old piece of mine, about a forest frozen in time thawing and waking up. I think yours has better progression on many levels, though.

You sir, are the epitome of awesome. You are literally one of the few artists who posts here that makes me want to keep following this thread.

GOD BLESS ONEPUNCH-MAN/SONIC
;v;

Thanks man, I'm glad a senpai has noticed me. I got a LOT more comin.

dc00b7d7_l.jpeg

4ba85eed_l.jpeg

e67f37d1_l.jpeg

3b5f9cb6_l.jpeg

caf1d4c1_l.jpeg

081eb87f_l.jpeg

b9196a67_l.jpeg

^^^^^ insert corny epiphany about saving friends that induces huge power increase
b0e519d6_l.jpeg

Super Sonic gradually starts turning Hyper in furious bursts

9aec8d15_l.jpeg

bd0015a9_l.jpeg

9bfd905e_l.jpeg

f7bcce03_l.jpeg

9c27512c_l.jpeg

f653a921_l.jpeg

e8128d4d_l.jpeg
Looks like it's not over yet. I might clean these up. Or not. Idk

Last edited:
Original character. This one was a lot of fun. I think I could have handled the proportion stylization a little better though.

ri2OubL.jpg

Blue Warrior, what do you feel you did wrong with the proportion stylization? It looks good, if anything the hand that reaches out doesn't look right to me.

This picture is somewhat old, and had a lot of meaning to me. It's one of the few pieces I look back on and still find pleasing to look at, so while not recent I wanted to share it anyway.
a_show_of_affection_by_tainted_coil-d66fnwh.png

Last edited:
peelout3_by_flamesthefirehh-d7g8n5u.png

I did this for The Peelout Lua. I think It Sucks.

srb2_peel_out4_by_flamesthefirehh-d7g8nck.bmp

This is the Second one, The Peelout Thing was ripped of The top one. I though That Glove was decent.

I hope I don't Have Iceman Or Motor Judging it.
I think the figure eight should be flipped so the bigger loop is facing the other way but that's just me...

Blue Warrior, what do you feel you did wrong with the proportion stylization? It looks good, if anything the hand that reaches out doesn't look right to me.

She has sorta big cartoon hands but her boots and hair... "locks" I guess, don't entirely follow suit. I think I fucked up the thumb also.

This picture is somewhat old, and had a lot of meaning to me. It's one of the few pieces I look back on and still find pleasing to look at, so while not recent I wanted to share it anyway.
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs70/PRE/f/2013/144/7/6/a_show_of_affection_by_tainted_coil-d66fnwh.png

Really nice color and texture there.

@Virt: Humanoid Robo-Hood =D

But yeah, like I've probably said already, you clearly are skilled at drawing. Keep it up! =)

...wait, is that SRB1 Sonic you drew right at the bottom of the first pic? If so, lol

MotorRoach, thank you for the feedback.

Wow! I can really grasp the thought you put into this. I like the way you named each section of the song, because it shows how carefully you worked out the notes and key of each section, to really bring out the effect and feeling of each step of the story it tells.

I feel like you've got something I keep forgetting when I sit down to compose: Taking a really vivid picture, and just going with it as it changes, twisting and turning the path of the song alongside with it. Thematically it reminds me a lot of this old piece of mine, about a forest frozen in time thawing and waking up. I think yours has better progression on many levels, though.
Actually I wasn't very careful- I let the music guide my thoughts, and separating out sections and naming them was an afterthought. I have a bad habit of just creating 2-minute tracks that only revolve around a single thought, so I'm trying to learn to weave out a fuller story in a single track. I really love your piece and I'll be sure to leave a comment on Soundcloud.

This is just a terrible edit of sonic.plr... Which was bad to begin with. :U

The gloves are messy and disgusting looking. The arms are drawn badly and there is a whole mess of stray pixels. The figure 8 curve looks ridiculous. The loops in that figure 8 are totally out of proportions. The size difference is way too much. The overall pose of the sprites is bad. He's just standing upright and flailing his arms back. How does that make any sense. Lastly, the consistency is terrible. The sprites you posted do not flow together correctly. Put the two sprites next to each other and you'll get what I mean.

I'd give a better review but I'm on mobile right now.

Hey, im just a starter! And that's also discouragement, imo.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 3, Members: 0, Guests: 3)

Back