Sonic 4: Episode 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now you might be wondering, why not Tails & Sonic? I have a feeling homing attack may be essential in the game (again) so Tails may be at a huge disadvantage here.

To be honest, I think Tails flying would break most of the challenges in the game, like he did in the Classics. Having Sonic as the main playable character would mean he would have to finish the level, allowing more challenge, rather than Tails skipping other things and Sonic spawning next to him.

Ultimate has the right idea.

If you look at the trailer, you can areas where Sonic & Tails are forced to work together to pass by. For example, Sonic & Tails had to roll into each other to dig underground. Tails also had to carry Sonic (I'd assume you play as Tails here though) across a bottomless pit. Finally, both characters ended up doing a final slam toward one of the bosses.

Oh yeah. I Haven't really paid attention much to the trailer, I wasn't aware of the literal "co-op play" sections like that.

I wonder how that's going to work with a CPU though...

So, instead of a loving throwback or a proper sequel we get Springs and Boosters: The Game—as that video confirms.
I can't say that I'm surprised, sadly.

Last edited:
Although there isn't too much to be seen in the footage, from what can be seen it looks as if the level designers were thinking:
"Hey guys, too much running and jumping. We better improve the gameplay by adding springs and boosters."

Where did these people learn level design?
(And they aren't even springs like in the originals, where you can actually change your trajectory...)

Last edited:
When I watched the trailer, I remembered counting around 18 spring bounces. Just from that fact alone, I had a pretty good feeling that the level design was going to look exactly like this. Sylvania Castle Zone looks like Splash Hill Zone with different visuals. Same old speed pad, homing attack, and spring abuse, now with occasional Tails gimmicks and... that spin attack... *shudders* I'm probably not gonna buy this unless Dimps somehow surprises us with better level design later on in the game.

*cough*INB4DIMPSANNOUNCESDELAY*cough*

Stop on a dime - Y
I thought stopping when you needed it was good?
Forced homing attack or die - Y
It's the fourth level; by then you should know how to homing attack.
Uncurling - N
I'm just gonna say that first part must've been automated when the avalanche came out.
My Government, this is not good.
Sure, like you can judge a game by watching 2 seconds of gameplay.

Stop on a dime - Y
Forced homing attack or die - Y

My Government, this is not good.

1)Stopping on a dime? Where? I couldn't catch it in the 2 seconds of footage they showed.

2)Occasional homing chains don't necessarily equal sheer terror.

I thought stopping when you needed it was good?

In a game like Mega Man? Sure. Sonic? No.

It's the fourth level; by then you should know how to homing attack.

One, if this game has a map system like Episode 1, it isn't TECHNICALLY the first, two, situations like that leading to instant death are pretty unfair no matter where you are. If it kicked you to a lower path, sure, but it doesn't.

I'm just gonna say that first part must've been automated when the avalanche came out.

Oh, Dimps. :V

Sure, like you can judge a game by watching 2 seconds of gameplay.

We judged Episode 1 on 3 seconds of gameplay. And you know what?

We were right.

...Is it me, though, or are there way less people stepping out this time to defend this game? I dunno.

...Is it me, though, or are there way less people stepping out this time to defend this game? I dunno.

Episode 1 was hyped to death when it was first announced. It turned out to be a very mediocre game developed by Dimps. So of course most people are going to be much more doubtful about Episode 2 being any better.

I kinda got sick defending the game from people constantly nitpicking every little thing they can find.

It's looking lots better than Generations, by the way.

犬夜叉;722727 said:
It's looking lots better than Generations, by the way.

Meh, for the gameplay / story, kinda.

But if you mean the graphics are looking better, then I strongly agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back