Sonic Generations

Status
Not open for further replies.
What exactly have you done that has influenced SEGA?
Oh you know, telling SEGA to do shit his way and get pissy when they finally do it. Fairly typical stuff.

Going back on topic, I'm really enjoying what I see so far. Chemical Plant looks really good (both versions) and City Escape continues to shape up nicely except for the fairly dull Modern music. Can't wait to see more.

Only thing that can piss me off about this game is if it won´t be on PC. ( I´m not looking forward to all ´Sonic fans´ bitching how they wanted something else)
I wonder why is it that no Mario fan says how they miss old games when ´Sonic fans´ are damned immature. Those games aren´t that different.

Last edited:
I wonder why is it that no Mario fan says how they miss old games when ´Sonic fans´ are damned immature. Those games aren´t that different.

Because Mario games are actually solid, well made titles.

Like Master D00D said. Did you try playing New Super Mario Bros.? Its just like playing the old Mario games but with cool additions.

Of course Mario games are almost always superior to Sonic games, but Sonic 4 was also great game (only slightly worse then Sonic 3). But Sonic fans must immaturaly bitch about physics. Why the hell? It´s not like bad physics make game bad (most people won´t even notice something´s wrong with physics). In Modern era of Sonic fans ALWAYS find something bad about the game. Mario fans can find one glitch and bitch about it too (Mario 64´s glitches allowed you to skip half of the game) but they don ´t do it and that´s why I don´t understand this. And DOOD64 do you think Sonic games aren´t solid well-made titles?

Last edited:
It´s not like bad physics make game bad
Sonic_the_Hedgehog_Next-Gen_Box_Art.JPG

Of course Mario games are almost always superior to Sonic games, but Sonic 4 was also great game (only slightly worse then Sonic 3). But Sonic fans must immaturaly bitch about physics. Why the hell? It´s not like bad physics make game bad (most people won´t even notice something´s wrong with physics). In Modern era of Sonic fans ALWAYS find something bad about the game. Mario fans can find one glitch and bitch about it too (Mario 64´s glitches allowed you to skip half of the game) but they don ´t do it and that´s why I don´t understand this. And DOOD64 do you think Sonic games aren´t solid well-made titles?

For a little kid, they might not necessarily understand that "the physics are off". But, for example, I remember playing Sonic Adventure when I was fairly young and remember thinking "I hate it how it slows me down whenever I jump. Why can't I just keep going at the speed I was running at?" Bad physics can even make kids annoyed :P

Of course, if you've never played the classics, you wouldn't really have much to compare the new games to, so it wouldn't be as noticeable.

Last edited:
OF COURSE I played classics. But the fact that classic Sonics were better doesn´t mean modern ones suck.

Quick-reaction pathways with multiple button pressing and overall speed.
I don't see how running fast makes a game interesting on its own. There must be something to do while you're running fast, don't you think? And I don't even know what "quick-reaction pathways" are supposed to be, although that's probably my ignorance for never having played a modern Sonic game.

OF COURSE I played classics. But the fact that classic Sonics were better doesn´t mean modern ones suck.

Oh, sorry, I didn't mean to aim that last sentence towards you, but younger players in general. It was easy for me to notice that the jumping physics bugged me because of my experience with the classics. But, perhaps those who have never played the classics wouldn't recognize these problems. And because of that, they wouldn't find those physics as a problem at all. Which, in turn, would probably make them like the game more. I don't even really know what my point was anymore...

Last edited:
But Kyasarin, that game has bad everything.

And where did the most of the bad everything originate from? That's right. The Adventure series. You don't see a whole lot of Sonic fans admitting that the Adventure games were mediocre and were the cause of the majority of the franchise's problems today.

And where did the most of the bad everything originate from? That's right. The Adventure series.
No. The Adventure games didn't cause 06; a horrible development cycle did. Either get your facts straight or stop parading your ideas around like they're the only voice of reason in the topic.

And where did the most of the bad everything originate from? That's right. The Adventure series. You don't see a whole lot of Sonic fans admitting that the Adventure games were mediocre and were the cause of the majority of the franchise's problems today.

Hey Advanture series were awesome. If you hate Adventure and Modern series call yourself Classic Sonic Fan not Sonic Fan.

I dislike the Adventure series (and 06) because they were unfun for me, and had horribly bland environments. I did like Sonic Heroes, however, which I suppose is part of the adventure style (but the environments are much easier on the eyes) so you could call me an all-around Sonic fan.

That said - One of the many problems with Sonic 06 was taking elements from the adventure series and pushing them to the forefront of the gameplay without taking fun into consideration. Wall-running, "mach speed" (which admittedly was done much better with Unleashed and Colours), and a hodgepodge of multiple characters, which you had to play through and change your character mid-level.

The development cycle just meant that it failed even more.

Um, last time I checked, Sonic 06 was horribly rushed to be released at a very soon-ish date. I don't see what Sonic Adventure has to do with ANY of this. Considering those games were nearly the exact opposite.

I very much enjoyed Sonic 06, actually. I grew up on Adventure-era Sonic, so having those game mechanics was rather nice. The one thing that makes me a little sad about Generations is that they're passing over the Adventure-era gameplay.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back