Team Fortress 2 update thread. No hatin'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either they figured that they needed more time to refine it, or they decided to release it as a stand-alone update so they could promote the "Saxxys".

Also, I wouldn't be surprised if this contest ended with "Meet the Medic".

I'm more interested in that special little medi-gun our lovable medic has in his hands. If I recall correctly, valve stated that they normally do these videos when it's something major and it's sometimes accompanied by a new hat and or weapon in the vid.

I'm more interested in that special little medi-gun our lovable medic has in his hands. If I recall correctly, valve stated that they normally do these videos when it's something major and it's sometimes accompanied by a new hat and or weapon in the vid.
Maybe that's the medigun we've had in the beta version for awhile, the Quick-Fix.

Am I really the only one that thought the new taunt killed?

Anyway, I'm really liking the replay feature but it annoys me that you have to load the whole thing again just to rewind, not to mention the fact view-based acheivements(let alone the fact a hat is involved) does concern me that there's gonna be PLENTY of crap vids flooding youtube that'll make it hard to actually find GOOD replays.

Also, 99% chance the medi-gun Medic can be seen holding in the comic is the quick-fix's model.

Double post and bump...

Not sure how this topic went so long without any posts with the saxxy results, the not-at-all subtle incoming medic update, and valve's recent obsession with doves...

Speaking of that medic update, Day 1 has already started with Mafia-based class packs for the Heavy and Spy, as well as a new payload map.

http://www.teamfortress.com/uberupdate/

Not to mention a complete redesign of the main site and a new blog post that totally does not at all comfirm meet the medic coming soon.

http://www.teamfortress.com/index.php

Also, week-long free weekend for anyone who dosen't have the game but wants to try.

It seems Day 2 is going with an Arabian theme that also is encouraging a melee only demoman set.

God, I wish that I had my computer back so I can play this game again.

The Detonator's finally in the game proper!
U1RF1.jpg

...oh, and two Soldier packs got implemented, but whatever

I bet Autosaver will reply with a fake quote from me and be a faggot about it

Last edited:
I'll be honest, I was a liiiiiiiiiiiiitle scared when the medic was about to uber that heart
That aside, it was totally awesome, I had no idea the medic was so nuts!...no wait, I did, NEVERMIND.

As for the Free to play thing, great, now I can finally play with some friends who don't have the game. I still don't see what the complaining is about, it's like complaining about a movie being uploaded to youtube after you already bought the DVD/saw it in theaters... kinda...
Anyone who bought it before the update gets a premium account!

Which is just hats, more inventory slots, and trading. Not really all that much... Oh well, anything else would probably make the game pay2win(inb4 set hats)

HOLY CRAAAAAAAP.

This could be good(more players!) or horrible(more noobs! pay to win!). At least the Uber update was a real update this time.

[
Which is just hats, more inventory slots, and trading.

Trading is restricted for new players? This could be better than I thought....

Last edited:
This tf2 for free thing actually makes me happy because, like other people on this forum, I can play with my friends who don't have the ability to purchase the game on steam, while I still get to keep the hats and ability to trade that I had before from getting the Orange box.

or horrible(more noobs! pay to win!).

D:
This is why I'm upset about this update. There's gonna be a HUGE amount of n00b players on the servers making the gameplay experience less challenging, but on the bright side my friends who just got a new PC can play without having to buy it.

D:
This is why I'm upset about this update. There's gonna be a HUGE amount of n00b players on the servers making the gameplay experience less challenging, but on the bright side my friends who just got a new PC can play without having to buy it.

Join a TF2lobby and you'll get a bunch of stronger foes.

Welcome, you are now in competitive TF2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back